Thread: CS5 Photoshop, illustrator, indesign all crashing at startup

CS5 Photoshop, illustrator, indesign all crashing at startup

This is a new or innovative install of Design Premium. The install went efficiently, and I am working as admin. By means of Photoshop, the event viewer states, "Faulting submission photoshop.exe, version or description of 12.0.1.0, faulting module scriptingsupport.8li, version 10.0.0.0, and faulting address 0x000d183a." by means of Illustrator, the event view says, "Faulting submission illustrator.exe, version or description of 15.0.0.399, faulting module scriptingsupport.aip, version 21.0.128.0, faulting address 0x000a1841." by means of InDesign, I in addition get, "Faulting submission indesign.exe, version 7.0.0.355, faulting module hold up or maintain for javascript.rpln, version 7.0.0.355, faulting address 0x00036183." I tried uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling, additional than the result is the similar. This is by means of Windows XP SP3, and most recent Java (v6, update 20).

Re: CS5 Photoshop, illustrator, indesign all crashing at startup

How many displays do you encompass on your computer, and how large are they. (Relates to a collide they have seen previous to) In addition are you actually working Scripting Support from Photoshop CS3 (10.0) in Photoshop CS5 (12.0). There is a solitary display, a 30" Dell 3008WFP working at native declaration (2560x1600). The most recent version I had previous to this was CS2 (which worked extremely well on this apparatus). I completely uninstalled CS2 prior to beginning the CS5 install procedure.

Java has nothing to do by means of Adobe products. The scripting engine makes use of its own interpreter/ virtual apparatus. Do you run or work as administrator. Did you add several startup scripts to some of the apps or Bridge for that matter. Be able to you run Extend Script Toolkit. The entire apps crashing would point toward some major tribulations on an extremely elementary level there. In addition create certain your firewall and virus scanners are not blocking have right of entry to local JavaScript for these apps or closing sockets.

What might have an effect on the scripting code in the entire 3 submissions (which are generally autonomous). Might be an additional file/folder/registry permissions tribulations, or a shared DLL that is corrupt/out-of-date. And I am not certain accurately how to narrow them down. Generally a reinstall would clean up stuff similar to that (additional than our installer has had a number of permissions issues).

That sounds similar to the programs were installed as non-admin and a number of registry keys have contained thus ended up in the user unambiguous branch when they be supposed to be in the global HKEY_Local_Machine. Hard to determine the exact cause. It would almost certainly assist to utilize Sysinternals procedure Monitor and watch the programs at the same time as they launch. This would reveal at which file or registry key they fail.

This software was installed by means of no monitor attached. Native declaration is 1024x768. The first time the install unsuccessful, I was capable to imprison the following errors: Error loading plugins, AISaveForWeb.aip, DxfDwg.aip, and PNGFileFormat.aip. This lead me to consider some left in excess of trash from a preceding version or description of photoshop (which was uninstalled previous to the Full blown Cs5 install was attempted) might have encompass been the culprit. Crash file subsequent to the second attempt: (windows/temp: c9fc_appcompat.txt - might not copy paste information in sequence out of debug crash and was not going to take 20 screen shots or retype it).

This was a suite installation. Illustrator determines to start, additional than crashes when I try starting a innovative document or opening an previous one, Dreamweaver starts without several hitches. I tried the explanation you recommended, additional than InDesign tranquil crashes on startup. I would be grateful for several additional suggestions for how to solve this. I am anxious seeing as I have a deadline for a number of documents presently this week.