Thread: InDesign CS3 Numeric Keypad Error? - Please HELP

InDesign CS3 Numeric Keypad Error? - Please HELP

I determine to have to be cautious to refrain from using colorful language and I am immensely aggravated by means of InDesign and trying to come to an end off a job. I am using InDesign CS3 (5.0.3) on a Dual 2.3 ghz Power PC G5 by means of 2.5 GB RAM. The tribulations I seem to encounter (and this occurs often) is when I am dealing by means of large files through multiple pages and plenty of information in sequence on the page (tables, text, logos, etc.) When I am entering measurements into the "control" box whether they be altering the leading, type size or X, Y co-ordinates by means of the numeric keypad the numbers I am entering are not predictable by InDesign and it reverts back to the original measurement that is in this field.

Re: InDesign CS3 Numeric Keypad Error? - Please HELP

I have comparable tribulations in that case. I am able to try to alter leading from 10.8pt to 14pt and it determines to tranquil revert back to 10.8pt. There are times where I determine to highlight text and then desire to alter type size. I enter in a figure via the numeric keypad and as an alternative of it altering, the text that is highlighted changes to the numeric entry I have typed in it is exasperating.

I have comprised and attempted to trash the predilection, and export the file as an .inx document additional than this seems to continue to happen on a regular basis. It is able to sometimes go hours without occurring and InDesign runs as it is supposed to, yet additional times it determine to continue by means of this error and I determine to have to enter the measurement in at least 3-4 times previous to InDesign wakes up and realizes that I desire to modify it.

I utilize Extensis Suitcase X1 as the font manager, the merely third party plug-ins that are used are the Suitcase X1 font commencement plug-in and an apple script that is used to position multiple pages of a PDF file addicted to InDesign. As mentioned - these tribulations be able to often not happen for a small number of hours, then suddenly it determine to create an appearance and often determine to be on large files that are in excess of 4mb in size. The present file I am running on is 12 pages (facing pages) and it has taken me so far in excess of 5 minutes to enter in 6 tabs. Preposterous try put out of action the suitcase plugin.

Numerous systems changeable are able to interfere by means of an installation; this document is able to assist you identify the source of the tribulations. To benefit the majority from this document, execute the tasks in order. Maintain track of the tasks you execute and the results of every task, including errors or challenging behavior. Adobe Technical Support be able to utilize this information in sequence to superior assist you.

You have to create certain to observe if the Adobe InDesign CS3 folder exists. By defaulting, the folder is in the Applications folder. After that you have to pull the Adobe InDesign CS3 folder to the Trash. If you are trying to install InDesign, and you encompass no additional Adobe applications on your system, open the Library/Application hold up or maintain folder and pull the Adobe folder to the Trash. At the last you have to clear the Trash. If you take delivery of a message that items are locked items and cannot be deleted, press alternative as you choose Finder > Empty Trash.

If you log into an account by means of administrator privileges additional than are tranquil not capable to install, your disk permissions might be damaged. To repair disk permissions using the Disk Utility. First you have to select and go to the > Applications, open the Utilities folder, and then twice hit it off the Disk Utility. After that you have to choose the volume on which you desire to install InDesign. Subsequent to it hit it off the First Aid tab, and then clicks Repair Disk Permissions.