Thread: Flex Builder Linux will expire in 62 days

Flex Builder Linux will expire in 62 days

I need some help to find out a full version of Flex Builder. I had got a trail version of the same on my Linux operating system. It is some 62 days version. Does it is possible for me to get more time to use this. I am finding for a relevant solution on my system. I am using Ubuntu system. I does not find a better alternative for the same. Does there is a similar suitable tool.

Re: Flex Builder Linux will expire in 62 days

An alpha version of Adobe AIR for Linux is released and it is available on Adobe Labs . If you are on Linux and you want to try RIA, then you can simply go to the download page and test. That is a trail version for which you are talking about. You cannot use this anymore. You will need to buy the same. Get a proper upgrade for the same. You will find that on the official site of Adobe.

Flex is very promising and can do a lot of things, it inherits classes Flash and more his own classes. I think the future of Flex is oriented 3D engine as FlashSandy, Papervision3D, or Alternativa3D that are really stunning. It has support on Linux but on the same hand it is not open source as Linux operating system. You might need to search for some better alternative if you want this for free.

Adobe has already provided FlexBuilder eclipse plugin. It is compatible with the Linux version of eclipse. In addition to the plugin is available in alpha version but it works pretty well though and is available to us for free, which is rare from Adobe besides the Flex SDK is open source. So you might need to search for some better alternative or else go for this.

You might to search for the latest version of Java at Sun. After that you will have to version 3.3.2 of eclipse because the latter does not work with the Flex plugin. It is quite complicated to find on the eclipse site. I give you something if you are looking for an older version of eclipse, type in google archive eclipse download and you will come upon a site which will provide you the download. And there you go grab version 3.2.2 version for your system.

Once the version is expired you need to search for a beta version for the same. Adobe offers commercial products and you might not will to buy. Usually the same is not open source so you might not get a free download. I am too looking for a similar download for the same. There are some old plugins which you can try out. If everything worked you just have to double click on eclipse who is in the eclipse folder to launch it.

There is a alpha version of Flex plugin on the internet. I recommend downloading eclipse because I noticed on several occasions that installing it via apt I always had problems, so that I can change the download version very quickly. Installing the plugin is also very simple because it just double click the bin file and done. You just need to accept the file and then done.