Thread: Indesign CS4 freezes when copying text to Word 2007

Indesign CS4 freezes when copying text to Word 2007

I have a customer that copies text from Indesign CS4 to Word 2007 documents. He has Word 2007 open, then opens an InDesign file and copies the text. He then hit it off on the Word document and pastes the copied text. He is not capable to go back to the Indesign file. Clicking on InDesign on the toolbar does not create active the InDesign window. The simply open he has is to right-click and close InDesign. He has been doing this without several tribulations until presently regarding three weeks ago. Is this a known difficulty. What is causing the inconsistency.

Re: Indesign CS4 freezes when copying text to Word 2007

It might or might not be applicable, additional than what are the details of your OS. Do you have comprised several third-party plugins installed or a font manager. This sounds similar to Windows. What does task manager say. Determine to Alt + Tab cycle back to ID. What else is working in the surroundings. Did the copy/paste procedure work in an additional application (similar to WordPad).

The OS is XP SP3. They are using Adobe Type Manager by means of Adobe fonts. The simply additional submission working was Outlook 2007. The user is out at present additional than I determine to create certain if Alt Tab determine to cycle back. There’s almost certainly a ton of additional stuff running in the background that does not demonstrate in the submission register sanctuary software, browser toolbars.

The tribulations Indesign is tremendously sluggish, attractive much un-usably slow. It loads extremely well and starts or loads a document extremely well, additional than when you try to do anything it takes forever. Similar to copy and paste, it stutters and slows when highlighting, then when copying, it freezes the whole thing additional than the cursor, (which lasts regarding 5-10 secs), then when trying to paste it does the similar thing (freezes accept the cursor for regarding 5-10 secs). An additional big slow down is using the zoom functions it completely freezes the whole system (even the cursor) for regarding 30 secs.

I am accurately lost on this one. I encompass and tried the following subsequent to reading from side to side the forums here: completed certain trusteer Rapport is not installed, there is no AV present, I turned off Preflight, completed certain it was working as administrator, tried a innovative user (in addition by means of admin privileges), and completed certain the entire files were local. This seems to occur by means of together innovative files and by means of opening existing files. Truly I am stumped. I anticipate you guys be able to assist me, subsequent to reading through the forums I be familiar with there are a number of attractive smart cookies out there.

I cannot assist you further than saying XP 64 was an investigational OS and is completely unsupported by Adobe. Some users encompass completed it run, additional have been less successful. Most seem to migrate to Vista or Win 7 as Peter has previously pointed out you are in completely unsupported territory. What I be able to tell you is that Windows 7 64 bit is a dream to utilize. I strongly recommend upgrading.

Man, superior previous Microsoft, I am the system admin, and the entire approximately tech hold up or maintain here, I did not install windows 7 or vista, for compatibility reasons, the ms office suite we utilize (2003) is incompatibly by means of win7 regrettably, as well as a number of the additional software. Additional than it is a superior suggestion and I determine to almost certainly do a test install on a apparatus to observe if that helps.