Thread: Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install

Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install

A very unusual problem has struck my computer. The situation is that Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install. I have done a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. I was using this same application in the previous operating system, that is Windows XP.

The problem that I am encountering is that I am not able to get the desktop shortcut of this application, even after the complete installation. So, I do not know from where to start the application. I am having the same issue even after several times of reinstallation.

Re: Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install

There is no need to worry if Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install. You are taking the situation in a different manner. You must have not selected the option for the desktop icon because of which you were not getting it after the installation was complete. You can go to Start and there, you will get the newly installed programs. You can also go to Program Files and get a shortcut icon for the desktop from there.

Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install is a genuine problem. I have already checked the Program Files and I am not able to see the installed files of this software there. This is why I was worried about this unusual problem. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

Can anyone else provide me some solution that can eradicate this issue. I am waiting for suitable suggestions.

Windows 7 has incompatibility issues with many applications and softwares, that used to work fine in the older operating systems of Windows. You have to make sure if Acrobat 9 Pro supports the Windows 7 platform or not. If it does not support, then you will have to check out for the alternatives that are available in the market. I am sure that you can find many complements on the internet.

There is a possibility that the particular software must have become corrupt because of which Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install. This happens when you use the same software for a long time. So, the probable solution that can used in such a case is to download a new copy of this software and then, try installing the same. Just make sure that you read each and every instructions, as you go about in each step. Just dont go about doing "NEXT-NEXT".

I am using a dual boot system, that has Windows 7 installed as one of the operating systems and Windows XP as the other. As I keep getting incompatibility problems in Windows 7, I use the other operating system to handle the same. Thus, if Acrobat 9 Pro disappeared and won't install because of an incompatibility problem, then I suggest you to go about with the same method.