Thread: Cairngorm 2.2.1 and Flex 4

Cairngorm 2.2.1 and Flex 4

I started a few weeks ago to develop a Flex application (I am for now at prototyping and testing capabilities of Flex ) and of course , my project is starting to look like a happy bazard with a ton xml or AS file , images, XML files and a myriad of files of all kinds ( css and so on ...). As I will soon attack things a little more serious than just a model, I was wondering if you knew of good practices to meet the level of the project structure . I already had a look on Cairngorm Which seems quite interesting, but still at a high enough level that the architecture of a RIA . What I look for more , it would be :
    - coding standards for developing an unconventional in SA ( I already have coding standards in Java, I think it may be the case) and MXML
    - a tree flexible enough to be progressive without being too sprawling ...
    Can anybody suggest me. Thanks.

Re: Cairngorm 2.2.1 and Flex 4

For my part, I started in recent weeks in Cairngorm 2.2.1. Sure, it's a bit heavy to pick up the first time , but after a night or two diagrams and testing in all directions eventually walk . And I confess that I can not already do without it ! I admit that some of my projects are quickly transformed into gas plant , because not following a guideline overall . With Cairngorm , it's going better now : it quickly identifies the classes that can pose problems if it also meets a strict naming Certan , we found zvec lot of files, but easily understandable ( who knows the basics of Cairngorm ) . So rather than seek ways interim , I advise you to put your nose dedans.Tout what is learned is more to learn, and in this case you will have everything to gain a real sense to integrate into your projects.

In fact my biggest challenge has finally been the " choice " version of Cairngorm . Indeed , the various examples I've found works with caingorm 2.1, for my part I 'm on the beta of Flex 3, and initially I wanted to use Cairngorm 2.2. After some problems related to interfaces of the framework , I found on the web with Cairngorm 2.2.1 version of its business. I include the SWC in two in my projects.

In Flex 4, Many tools improve the Application Development Data - centric ( data handling) : introspection web services , services, Java , PHP , AS3 proxy generation automatically and server side to handle the data ( CRUD ) , binding services on components by drag and drop. The refactoring has also been improved , and the debugger (Debug conditonnel , watch points , run- to- line) and the profile . A new tool " Network Monitor Scans the data exchange on the network.

As Flex product manager , I spoke with many people , including customers and members of our development team, the new version of Flex and I have never seen such a craze. We will launch two Flex -oriented tools - Adobe Flash Catalyst (currently in beta) and Adobe Flash Builder 4 - all based in fact on the Flex 4 SDK .