Thread: InDesign Runtime Errors

InDesign Runtime Errors

Hello,
    I work with InDesign, have four hard drives and a total of about 4GB of free disk space, RAM is 448MB. Even when I edit a text file, the error message is displayed, the message is "runtime error while executing". What is wrong with indesign? I never had such errors with indesign. It would be great if you help me with this. Thank you.

Re: InDesign Runtime Errors

Therefore, the question of whether it was previously or have you just installed it and it's not working now. And please explain to me these figures

- 4 hard drives (disks or logical drives?)
    - and a total of about 4GB of free disk space (> total <? How much for "one, how big are the drives = how much% of them are free?)
    - Memory is 448MB (256 +128 +64 [or 3x128 +64] is by no means a happy graduation, 256 alone may range, or then 2x256 or the program is very graphically, and then even 1GB would be a measure)

Anyway:
    - Standard questions: install System / Board / bus master driver? (Almost) all WIN updates on it?
    - need any special software other the (Norton, firewalls ...)?

Thanks for the replies, the computer has shared a total of 20GB hard drive into four partitions of almost equal size, which are occupied by 2GB and the other three each about 3 GB occupied, i.e there still around, 1GB free. InDesign need much space, I know, but for bare text files or a few pages would have all this rich forever. There must be a real evil. The calculator works with BUS 100, Pent. 3, 500 processor. With InDesign, I work for about half year and only two days since the problem exists. This I must say that the Word of a sudden will not boot and every time after I close Netscape, even an error message. I have installed Word and InDesign new, but that has not changed.

I am surprised that the program runs at all the system requirements. But anyway, so your problem seems to have nothing to do. What have you changed before two or three days on your computer? Place a precaution "scanreg / restore" without "in the pure DOS an intact version of the Registry Restore. What is then the exact wording of error message when closing Netscape (to details)? Scan for viruses and spyware.

I have worked and possibly move files within the plates, what else I can not remember. Except internet look and text files download. A virus scan, I've done this, there was nothing. For system requirements: InDesign 2.0 runs Win.98., CS from Win. 2000 according to my info. Other that this if you have any addition solution or answer then please post , I am interested. Thank you.

And how about the paging file and / or their management? I wonder also that it previously was, so my guess is that the place is right there to scarce if not then it looks like (that you know the entire scope of the individual partitions is not allowed to add up already clear?)

I thank you for the answers myself have not much idea that I could consider it all alone, was also very desperate now, because work is coming ... I now had a professional there who could solve the problem. Viruses were not on it, some files in the registry were incorrect and possibly something else, I understand, unfortunately, only half. But the program is running again!