Thread: How to set InDesign preferences

How to set InDesign preferences

Hello,
    I just purchased the CS 5, and I see my computer when I move row blocks (Mac Pro 2x2, 6 Ghrz + 10GB RAM). The display is standard. On the other hand I do not see how to set preferences that I can move the text cursor in a text block with the arrows. I managed to move the blocks by a sudden but not inside a text block. How can I do this? Thank you.

Re: How to set InDesign preferences

I too have the same problem. I have a brand new Mac Pro with OS X. 6, Dual Core and 32 GB of RAM, I bought the CS4 during April 2010, and I had shot the CS5 free bonus. Well, when in CS4, Ind. behaved normally on the screen of the CS5 Ind. moves lazily on the screen, a simple text block has trouble being resized. But also, always CS5, I manipulate huge images in Photoshop without any care. I phoned Adobe Systems that they explain to me this mystery, but there they seemed rather surprised by my question. To them I was definitely a problem with my graphics card (it's an ATI Radeon HD 4870 brand new, installed with the Mac).

Indeed, such de-selection of a block to select another bit to 1 to 2 seconds, which ironically is very long. On CS3 it was instantaneous. To this I add that the passage Bridge - Indesign is not Top. Admit I import a text and two images simultaneously from the Bridge: If I start to incorporate the language in my artwork and other materials selected bridge disappear, so I must go back and get them.

I just found a solution!
    Just modify and preferences in InDesign:
    Preferences> Interface> bottom of the tab ago: Options
    And in Options, there are: "Regeneration dynamics of the screen" there are 3 options:
    - Not
    - Immediately

And therefore, it defaults to "immediately", that is why it was rowing. Simply place on Offline, and there is instantaneous. So of course we can not see objects moving on screen, but just their bounding box, but it is quite enough.
    Suddenly it's not really a solution, it's just the abandonment of an option which pays too rowing.

True pdf are surprisingly very very quickly. I even wondered at first if the export had worked well. To avoid rowing, yes indeed, I suspected that it was of the view that is loaded by default. On the issue of migration on a newer version, this is for me to access useful features that I was not on the CS3 as to rotate the screen: very convenient paintings that I often lay out landscape on document formats portrait.