Thread: RGB or CMYK for InDesign

RGB or CMYK for InDesign

Hello,
    This question may seem silly for pro color management that I am not. I must make a plate with InDesign, having worked with Photoshop files. I have read many times that it is better to let the images worked in Ps in RGB, with a RGB profile. Or, and I understand perfectly.
    - When I import these images into my document RGB Id which is intended to print it, so in CMYK, it will he a problem?
    - And when I generate my PDF, will not I have no problem between the document images in CMYK and RGB?
    - Or rather, my printer does not he moan above me with this beautiful medley of color mode?
    - Or is his job and he will be able to manage without any problem?

Re: RGB or CMYK for InDesign

1) To see what your pictures will give CMYK in ID, you go into menu View -> Proof Setup to select the CMYK profile that fits your impression.

When you go to your PDF, PostScript, for example, is in the color management is that you let the ICC profile of your document if it is set according to the desired print and select the ICC profile conversion to CMYK.

In export it in the rules that you release all that.

2) If you give a PDF High def. to your printer, it will not be that your images were imported because the RGB to CMYK PDF will be like your pictures.

3) If your PDF is done correctly, the printer will not get you out as a pack and make its imposition, printing.

Now, in this case, the conversion to CMYK is "simple" I'll say, in Photoshop you can do more chroma and adjust curves, levels.
    If you need to edit cmyk file in InDesign

What do you advice to generate the PDF?
    - Using the Adobe PDF printer (File -> Print)
    or
    - The Presets Adobe PDF (PDF engine internal InDesign)
    I ask this because the options are not the same. Any help is apprecaited. Thank you.

Hello,
    In the case of predefined parameters in the output category, what should we choose?
    - Change to the destination
    - Convert to destination (preserve numbers)
    I admit to having trouble understanding the difference between the two.

For the test: in a document ID, you make a square 100%, you activate the preview separations and then you go to View -> Proof custom, you choose another color profile that your document you uncheck Store numbers ok you do then you'll look in the palette preview separations, and you will see that your no longer 100% Cyan 100% Cyan, but has different values depending on the chosen profile.

Yes, actually there are color conversion and PDF conversion And of course, the chosen profile should be, theoretically, depending on the type of printing, paper. With CS2 also there, as you mentioned above, the CMYK secure. Yes, and that is what is the test format, color test. (Menu display)

For me, in both cases, keep the numbers, can not make conversion to CMYK elements already in the output profile (print) or simulation. And you do not select this box, store numbers, if you want in both cases, simulate or print all elements are converted to the output profile or simulation with the changes it may cause.