Thread: Flex for mobile?

Flex for mobile?

Hi guys !
    I have some confusion or you can say unaware about these things , having some confusion .. I want to implement and use the flex with mobile phone. Somebody here are aware about any plans to migrate Flex to the world of mobile. I hope you all will help me to to find out the answer for this very question ...

Thanks .

Re: Flex for mobile?

I didn't got this why it would not be on the another step. After the jump to Flash Lite 3 is the incorporation of Video that was already a 'big jump' (prior to AS3) provided with the desktop player, there is a obvious convergence of the two different players. The application level development of Flex will associate a great value to the mobile player and increase the availability of use after the take of Flash dependent interfaces for mobile phones.

Hi everyone . I am not sure if Adobe will launch a Flex technology for mobile devices , but according to me that in the future there will be a complete convergence and parallelism on the two different Flash players (web and mobile players).

By the way, there is another point of view here . Can I create for mobile with the standard Flex edition without a particular mobile version of Flex? The answer is yeah. Currently , According to the market situation ,there are some devices with the Opera and Flash 9 embedded. So we are now able to develop with Flex for mobile. Nokia has been already launched two different devices with Flash 9 embedded: N800 and N810

Very fine discussion. Now, there are no such type of plans which can allow the Flex to publish to mobile. Flex is configured to publish as F9 and FL3 (newest client) only supports up to Flash 8 and AS2.

Before a utility is developed to allow publishing SWF content for non-PC devices there would be a requirement for a client run-time on non-PC devices which will support F9 AS3 content - currently, there isn't anything like that. What kind of mobile applications would you desired to develop with the help of Flex as the IDE which you are unable to create today with the help of Flash CS3?

I am creating and testing few of the Flex mobile applications with such type of devices. Performance, usability and experience are fine. But there are some necessary decision to make. Primarily , we can create mobile content in Flex for the above-suggested devices, but we require to perform this with a ‘mobile approach’. On other hand , the hardware has some range (CPU, Screen, etc.), so, while creating we required to pay attention on such type of limitation.
    Finally , on the market there are some of the devices (three) so users can work with 'Flax mobile contents'.