Thread: PDF print problem in Adobe InDesign

PDF print problem in Adobe InDesign

Hello,
    I have a problem since two days with my pdf.
    Let me explain: I have a 24-page brochure on indesign as I export and then when I want to print the document that its right pages are unable to print the even pages. When I start printing on page 4 for example, the printer does not reacted, it said no current print while for the other pages. In indesign, it never happened to me! then I'd forgotten to check or uncheck something, like the parameters? I'm searching for this problem but can not find an solution for this. Any help will be great. Thank you.

Re: PDF print problem in Adobe InDesign

To display all the pages that are present on the screen? Does it have the one beneath the other or one beside the other (board)? Two ways you cab board in pdf does not print the entire page. Or you is simple pages (one above the other) and you print involved in part-odd pages. When you print you print options: part-Games / Odd or Even pages. I'm telling it to be based on Acrobat Pro Acrobat Reader but it must be the same.
    If you need you can check this
    Making a PDF in Indesign

The display, all pages are present in my indesign file and on the pdf. My pages are plank beside one another. I went into the printing options and in fact we have 3 options in sequence: either to print all pages, print only odd pages or even pages that either. My problem is that since the beginning I selected "all pages" and despite that, even pages of my pdf does not print. So is this a result of the model parameters indesign or when I generates my pdf?? I said that I can print from indesign, but not the pdf.

What is the size of your doc? If your board is an A3 and A4 prints you the software prints a portion of your board (right or left). Prior to "print" you must go to "file / print format" I know it's lousy because once you do "print" you can not change the print size. So if your doc and one A3 sheet (2 A4 side by side) must be in print size that you specified the A3 and exit direction (landscape that concerns you). You can also print on an A4 but then you must tick "Auto-rotate and center pages". The real clean way to generate PDF's to print from a PostScript File In Design (Print / instead puts you print it in your postscript file, all the information you print options as a normal printer and saves you this file on your disk) Then you distilled this file with Acrobat Distiller (included with Acrobat Pro, in the case of the latter) by filling options pdfs. It's long and boring, so I did export most of the time. But sometimes, to resolve an issue in pdf (often transparent or blocks that jump) I have to do like that.

My doc is an A4 landscape side by side, so actually it is not an A3, it is 21 x 59.4 cm . In Indesign I have not "print size" and in the print options, I can not select A3, or my custom format. I do not know what to do. Thank you for your edit, but the thing is that I do not even acrobat distill, I find it really hard to do, so every time I export. But maybe I should download it? Thank you for your help, if you ever have another solution, I am interested.

Your problem is to print your pdf? It seems to me that you easily print from In Design to reading your first post. Print size is in Acrobat Reader and that's where you can choose the size to which you want to print your doc. Since your doc is 21x59, 4 I suggest you choose a print size A3 landscape and when you do print check "auto-rotate and center pages" (all this in acrobat reader). It will slightly reduce your doc but it's the only way to print to an A3 printer. But imagine that you have started an A4 whereas in print format, you select and print A4 landscape "auto-rotate and center pages" and there you'll have a little doc.

What I would do in your place, if your client wants to print for check / proofread, then again by clearing your pdf "board" in your options pdf. Your clients can print on A4 pages without any worries. Distiller, you need to buy Acrobat Pro (it is automatically installed as it Sagit engine uses Acrobat PDF Conversion to. While In design uses distilled by an engine but also less efficient. X-press uses such a owner who's called Jaws and is more efficient than the engine built In design) There are free alternatives but I think I've ever tested.