Thread: After Effects does not recognize correct system resources

After Effects does not recognize correct system resources

I have installed the After Effects CS4 on my system at workstation as well as After Effects CS3. As per my system configuration, Processor: 2x2.66 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8GB of RAM running OS X 10.5.6.

Both of the versions for After Effects is able to get only 1.7 GB of RAM. I am thinking that After Effects should see as 3GB of RAM. (On the identical machine at my home I can in fact get 3GB of RAM.).. I require some more resources when working on that since I required to do longer HD RAM previews. In order to this, minimum memory configuration of the software does not run fine , with so many memory crashes which should not be done continuously -- the kind of activity that happen when you have not enough system resources to execute a program. As an additional note, the multiprocessing option is also suggesting me that I have 16 processors, where as I am running with only 8.

Re: After Effects does not recognize correct system resources

As an additional note, the multiprocessing option is also suggesting me that I have 16 processors, where as I am running with only 8.
    This is the simple question,you asked in the last statement of your thread. Actually, this a borderline bug. After Effects CS4 isn't capable to take the benefits of hyperthreading (that turns 8 physical processor cores into 16 virtual processor cores). However, This can _see_ the virtual cores, and it suggests them as being there. Yes, it looks misleading. The adobe developer has resolved this in After Effects CS5 in the proper method, by making After Effects CS5 capable of working with the virtual cores given by hyperthreading.

Set memory and multiprocessing preferences from the suggested location and select Edit => Preferences => Memory & Multiprocessing (Windows) or After Effects => Preferences => Memory & Multiprocessing (on Mac OS).

As you modify the previously made configurations in the Memory & Multiprocessing dialog box, After Effects dynamically updates the helpful text within the dialog box which reports how this will allocate and consume the memory and CPUs as well. The RAM memory to Leave For Other Applications and restricts DLL Address Space Fragmentation (on Windows based system) preferences are associated with that whether or not Render more than one Frames Simultaneously is selected. The configuration made into the Multiprocessing section are associated only if Render Multiple Frames simultaneously is selected.

In this case , if you would search to get the appropriate solution then you can go for the update procedure and it would also be really helpful for you, which is one of the category of solution that can solve such type of issues. Try to apply all the methods and ways through which you can solve this issue and after that , Just be sure that you have updated to After Effects CS4 (9.0.2). That update resolved a lot of things, including some crashes.

Adobe After Effects CS5 needs to compatible with a 64-bit operating system on Windows dependent system

* Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom II suggested); 64-bit support needed
    * 64-bit operating system needed: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 or Windows 7
    * The RAM memory should be 2GB
    * 3GB of available hard-disk storage and also 2GB of space for some optional content;
    * 1280x1024 capable display with OpenGL 2.0–supported graphics card
    * DVD-ROM drive
    * QuickTime 7.6.2 software needed for QuickTime features
    * Broadband Internet connection needed for online services