Thread: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes During Startup

Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes During Startup

I am suffering with a serious issues I think.. after I have done the installation of AAE CS4 I have taken the trial to find out how it was before I purchased this . Once all of the components was installed and finished then I restarted my machine but when I move to open the program it pulled the grey AAE startup box. It completed at 4% shows and Initializing Media Core then it just stopped and after sometimes, it got crashes without any progress. It continually goes in the same way without any improvement. Anyone that can help me to solve this ?

Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes During Startup

This is happening because of the system incapability or your system is lacking because of inappropriate configuration. Would you tell me a little more about your system configuration means which one processor and graphics card you are using to do it ? I agree with you and first trying to launch the entire updates. In order to open and execute the Adobe Updater, move to the update installer located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6 and run the update.exe.

I am running with the similar issue here with my Acrobat after Effect CS4. This is looking so weird for me and it is continuously happening again and again on my system. Where as I am running with enough system capability and configuration to run this one software.I am unable to detect the issues . Can you tell me exactly what you did to resolve this ?

After Effects 9.0.2 update has been released before. And you should go for the update which will fix your issues. If Adobe Update Manager hasn't already suggested you about the same then move ahead and check for latest updates for After Effects CS4. (select the Help menu and then select Updates, or move to the download pages for Windows or Mac OS and click on the "Adobe After Effects CS4 9.0.2 update" specified link.)

There are number of solutions and tweaks with this very update. You can go through about this in the After Effects 9.0.2 release guidelines .

Fine , I have finished the downloading and installation of updates . At the time of initializing type engine on start up, I received After Effects error as mentioned below :

Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <960> <AppDirs> <5> Required Dir= C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Required.
    When I clicked on OK, I again received After Effects can't continue:

sorry, After Effects has crashed. See http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for known issues. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support .

What about this please suggest me to get rid of this very issue..

After Effects CS4 denies to start on my Macbook Pro where as I have installed OSX 10.5.5 as well as running with 4GB RAM). It gets as far as 'Initializing MediaCore' on the splash-screen then started crashing suddenly . Interestingly After Effects CS3 works properly. Premier CS4 performs the same as well as Encore CS4. I also have tried to perform the un-installation of the same with the help of clean-script not only one time, I have executed this so many times and all don't seem to work.