Thread: Internet Explorer Script Error when printing

Internet Explorer Script Error when printing

I have a couple of automotive repair programs I run on my computer.

I am running Windows XP SP3, IE 8, Firefox 3.6.6, AVG 8.5.439, and Malwarebytes 1.46.

The programs do not run actively in Internet Explorer, but are open in their own windows. When I try to print any of the information, I get an Internet Explorer Script Error. I have disabled both AVG and Malwarebytes when using these programs.

I have looked at IE settings and do not see anything that would prevent printing. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Oh, and I have tried this:

Go to Start | Run and type, (or copy/paste):

regsvr32 ole32.dll

Press Enter.

Reboot & try. This did not have any effect.

Here is an example of the error I get:
    script error.bmp
    Last edited by rdh2; 08-07-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error when printing

Most probably this error occurs while printing if printer driver is corrupted. In order to fix it, try reinstalling the driver. If you are using a third-party driver provided by your printer manufacturer instead of a driver included with Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me), follow the instructions provided by your printer manufacturer to remove and then reinstall your printer driver.
    • Click Start, point to Settings, point to Control Panel, and then click Add/Remove Programs.
    • On the Install/Uninstall tab, click the item listed for your printer (if the item is displayed in the list), and then click Add/Remove.
    • Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
    • Right-click the printer, and then click Delete.
    • Double-click Add Printer to start the Add Printer Wizard, and then click Next.
    • Follow the instructions in the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer driver.
    • Repeat steps 1 through 7 to remove and reinstall all printers in your Printers folder.

For more info, just checkout this.

I will try these fixes this evening. However, I am not hopeful this will fix it. I have two physical printers and Adobe Acrobat Pro 9, Foxit PDF Pro,and CutePDF installed. I am unable to print to any of these as I get the error message before a print dialog box.

I had a same problem and to fix this issue follow the below suggestions:

Dcomcnfg>Component Services>Computers>My Computer>properties

Default COM Security tab>under "Access Permissions", "Edit Default" Both local SYSTEM and INTERACTIVE user have to be present and have "Allow" checked. In my situation, INTERACTIVE user was missing. Once added and given permission, the error disappeard and the printing function worked from IE6.

Solomon - I tried your suggestion and still no joy. I added INTERACTIVE and gave it the permissions.

However, I tried to print a different way. Instead of hitting the PRINT button, I used CTRL-P. Well, it works, sort of. I can select the printer and it will print the text, but not the figures. I can select the figures individually to print, it just won't embed them in the text like it should.

Guess this will have to do.

I had faced a similar issue on the same. I have a deskjet printer at my home. I found solution by which you can only print the text in the webpage. For that click the File menu, click Save As and then in the Save As dialog box, select Text as one type of file (from the menu at the bottom of the dialog box), then choose a temporary file name. Now open and print the file from your word processing software.