Thread: Flash SSD for Adobe Premiere Pro

Flash SSD for Adobe Premiere Pro

Recently I have ordered the latest workstation for Adobe Premiere Pro use. After that I have seen the technical requirement for the page Adobe Premiere Pro. It requires more than 10 gigabyte of memory for the purpose of installation and the additional space is required for purpose of work. Hence it is clear that it will not work with the flash based storage devices. But then also I need to know that is there any method to use Flash SSD for Adobe Premiere Pro.

Re: Flash SSD for Adobe Premiere Pro

I am not confident related to the validity of this, but one thing is clear that SSD’s has not made any significant benefits for the purpose of editing. They are some ways for costly for what they are providing. For the next year may be this is dissimilar, but this is normally the case. This is the only information I am having related to this.

SSDs these issues are becoming increasingly popular, but they have two big drawbacks: price, at first, but above all the ability. Many people are able to put a large sum for a faster machine, but few are capable of only 16 or 32 GB, even a laptop. How to install an SSD in a notebook while retaining a hard disk for data storage, if you have any related information then please let me know.

To install a second hard drive, there are several solutions. Some are simple and others less. The simplest solution is to buy a laptop that can accommodate two hard disks (or three). Most models with a screen diagonal of 17 inches (or more) are in this case. Some devices (like the MacBook Pro 17-inch is limited to one location. In this case, install an SSD and a hard drive does not pose any problems: just put them each in a different location.

The concept of the bay is quite simple: the optical drive is removable and can be replaced by accessories like a second battery, an empty module (for weight) or a hard disk. Lenovo, Dell and Toshiba (for example) equip some of their machines with this type of accessories. The assembly is fairly simple to use: remove the housing that contains the optical drive and insert a box that contains a hard drive. Two problems typically arise: optical drives are still often ATA which involves using a hard disk with this standard, and the enclosures are not always easy to find.

Once the adapter is acquired, it was necessary to select the hard drive and SSD. For the first, he needed a model with a capacity ATA and correct (at least 120GB). The speed did not matter, it will only store data, applications being on the SSD. Our choice was a Samsung HM160 (5400 RPM 160 GB). Latest generation 2.5-inch hard drives are no longer produced and are limited to ATA SATA which limits the capacity (250 GB models are available, but are rare).

In a conventional plane, or just buy a bay that receives a disk drive (Lenovo or Dell machines offer this option, for example) or you must use a case like that of OptiBay. The model we tested is suitable for Mac (using a reader slot without drawer-in) but it is easily adaptable. Some manufacturers, like Sony, even offer this option directly: the Vaio TZ (ultraportable) may receive a 2.5-inch hard drive in addition to its 1.8-inch hard disk (instead of optical drive).