Thread: Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing

Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing

My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system. Actually, I have upgraded to this particular operating system recently. I was using Windows Vista previously. I am facing a particular situation after I have installed to Windows 7. The problem is that Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing. The installation freezes at the INTRODUCTION SCREEN itself. I did not face such an issue while installing in Windows Vista. Please assist me in this situation.

Re: Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing

It seems that you do not have the required permissions for installing the particular software in Windows 7. So, Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing because the security feature of this operating system is protecting by preventing the installation. There is no need to worry because of this. You just need to get Administrator Rights by logging into the main account or requesting the administrator to provide you with the required rights.

If Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing, then there is a possibility that the copy of the software that you are having must be corrupt. Such problems happen when the same copy of the software or application is used for a long time.

In this situation, you need to download or purchase a new copy of the same software and then, try installing it in your system. I hope this will eradicate the problem.

According to me, Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing because this software is incompatible with Windows 7. There are many applications and softwares that are having such incompatibility issues with this operating system and run fine in the older versions of Windows. Well, this is why it is always recommended by most of the experts that one must never install or upgrade to Windows 7.

If the problem that Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing is being caused because of an incompatibility issue, then this issue may be only this version. Windows 7 is compatible with all the new versions of all the applications and programs. So, it is required that you must get the latest version of Lightroom and make sure that it is compatible with Windows 7 or not. I guess that there will be no issues with the new version of this software.

A solution that is used to get rid of the incompatibility problems is the compatibility mode. Thus, if Lightroom 3 hangs at first stage while installing, then you must try doing the installation of this software in this particular mode. I have eradicated many incompatibility problems in my system that is also installed with Windows 7. Just let me know if your issues are solved or not with this technique.

All the applications and softwares that are having any kind of incompatibilities with the Windows 7 operating system are provided with compatibility tools. Such tools, when installed before the particular applications and softwares are installed in Windows 7 will do all the required settings for them to run in this operating system. So, you need to search for the compatibility tool of Lightroom 3 and it will thus, fix the problem that it hangs at first stage while installing