Thread: Lightroom to convert negatives to positives.

Lightroom to convert negatives to positives.

I am looking to scan old slides before they deteriorate too. I have scanned hundreds of color slides (I photograph them directly with a special lens) and I was very surprised when I wanted to move into positive. I have not found this function in Photoshop or Picasa or another. The function exists for black & white but not color. I am looking for a way to spend my color negative images into positive. Is it possible for Lightroom to convert negatives to positives?

Re: Lightroom to convert negatives to positives.

CTRL + I make it possible to reverse the colors, or if you will, indeed go negative to positive to negative. But the real problem of color negative silver, there is also an orange mask, not really the same from one manufacturer to another, and that this dominant filter is not always easy to do. Personally I have a slide scanner that does this (more or less).

I use Lightroom for several weeks with a lot of fun. But today, with a catalog of some 5,000 photos, product performance has continued to deteriorate. I am looking to improve testing some settings in Library> Previews> Render Standard-sized previews / 1:1, ignore insights 1.1. Unfortunately, these settings are not documented anywhere, including in the excellent book by Martin Evening. Can anyone help me?

Two approaches you can use the same:
    1. Select the images and file menu> export as catalog and point to the hard drive and choose to save the original images in the following dialog box.
    2. Select images to export, to "register the metadata in the files" and copy the folders of images directly on the hard drive, with associated data.

There is no automatic method. We must turn to hand one of three methods of marking: first press "p" to mark a flag, then stars (Notes 0-5) and then colors. Combining this with the system of collections (eg. Make a collection "to print"), you must be cobbled together its personal system. You can also check the history tab (development) since print will appear as all operations on the photo.

After two weeks of use, began to mismanage Lightroom when I do my sorting and I delete some pictures. After a moment, it said "an unknown error occurred" without me more. Here Lightroom hangs and I have to restart everything. Someone else has had this trouble? Any related reply for solving this problem will be appreciated.

Radical solution in Lightroom, select all the images and make photo menu> Save metadata in the file. Exit and create a new empty catalog and import the photos. You can take the opportunity to split into several catalogs lighter if necessary and manage your photos can live with it. Check the new catalog that changes to the photos in Lightroom has been passed.