Thread: Lightroom and Vista workaround for memory causing it slow

Lightroom and Vista workaround for memory causing it slow

I am having Vista operating system and installed Lightroom but I am not happy with the performance that I am getting the Lightroom tremendously slow on my Vista system. I cannot even export the image as the full size jpg that I have processed. I am getting error while doing this something like “there is not enough memory” but my system is having memory more then it requires. Can anybody explain me that why Lightroom and Vista workaround for memory causing it slow or the related solution for this.

Re: Lightroom and Vista workaround for memory causing it slow

Well I am not confident about the solution but you can try "BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072" this setting will allow the application to utilize all the memory available in your system in place of two gigabytes. But you must know that it will make your system less stable. If you want to remove it you can do so by using "BCDEDIT /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa".

Someone has probably the explanation for this: Why, under Vista, depending on the application that I use, the color rendering to display a photo is it different? Right now I cannot show you the example but I will try to explain the problem. Adobe lightroom gallery windows & Record = "orange", picasa & preview image in windows explorer = usual rendering. Why I am getting two different things.

I have a problem almost similar, Photoshop cs3, lightroom 1.1, vista display, the image is good. And when I look at that same picture with fast one viewer or the image has been upper Internet, it lacks contrast, it loses quality. If you have any solutions for this problem then do not hesitate to share it with, because I need the solution for this problem.

It is quite normal. In the photos there is an integrated colorimetric profile. You can select it directly into your device and then you can change it by using conversion software. Photoshop lightroom vista display knows lirent integrated space. Xnview, explore, firefox and others do not read this space and so you get a different texture visually compared photshop, lightroom etc. Also if your image is in adobe, it is better to convert to RGB if you share it on the internet, because software like explorer is not able to display them correctly and so are arbitrarily displayed in a space more reduced, making a conversion without any nuance or subtlety.

However, whatever the type of picture and thus the type of color space associated rendering between the said software is different. In addition, changing the color space (RGB for all for example) does not solve the problem. Problem is reflected also always the same symptoms: a shift to orange tones). The capture color rendering "windows photo gallery": even the white part (the space outside the image) parrot orange.

I have the same problem since my move to Vista. The image is "yellow" systematically when opening with Preview and Photoshop, even the screenshots are impacted, and it is not the profile associated with the photo. A priori, this problem does not come from vista, but drivers of the screen. (In this case Samsung SyncMaster 245B for me), for some people the problem disappears after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers Microsoft drivers for Samsung (available on their website). However, in my case it does not work. If anyone has a rational explanation, I am interested.