Thread: Lightroom 3 will not import any images

Lightroom 3 will not import any images

I have recently upgraded my system with Lightroom 3, previously I was using Lightroom 2. The problem is that I am not able import the images that I have created in Lightroom 2. I have copied the RAWs to the desktop and the after that I have tried to import the image files from there but I am getting the error message that the file cannot be copied at the requested location. I just want to know why Lightroom 3 will not import any images.

Re: Lightroom 3 will not import any images

If you have upgraded your system recently then Lightroom is trying to update the prefs, hence if you having Lightroom 2 prefs, at the time of launching the Lightroom 3 then you need upgraded preferences. The simple thing is that delete the prefs and after that again launch the Lightroom 3. I am sure after doing this you will be able to solve the problem you are facing.

Adobe recurrence with a second, more complete version, including a fantastic interface (for Mac and PC download site Adobe Labs . More than 350,000 photographers have downloaded the beta 1, thus constituting a large community whose feedback has helped to evolve in the direction of Lightroom users. Lightroom 3 was developed with two priorities: improving performance and image quality. To this end, the software architecture has been completely redesigned, and the demosaicing algorithms.

The official note states that this beta has most of the improvements and changes adopted for the final version. However, it may be that some things are added to it. Meanwhile, the beta 2 is actually more fluid than Lightroom 2.6. It feels very well down the thumbnails in the Library module. Moreover, the passage of the Library Develop module is almost instantaneous and the only observable over time when using the sliders of different tools.

Please remember that, even if it seems very successful, it is a beta version. Use only copies of your files. You cannot update your catalog from Lightroom 2.x (unlike the final version). You can install it, even if a copy of Lightroom 1 or 2 is present on your computer. Finally, note that the corrections made in the beta 2 will not be visible in Camera Raw 5.x.

The new menu import images has been revised and corrected since the beta 1: The display of the folder hierarchy Source and Destination is now much neater with, including the possibility to dock or collapse the tree with a simple double-click. The menu is now much faster to browse the contents of files. Content analysis of records is no longer the startup menu, which could cause discomfort to the user who sometimes had to wait to regain control. The scan begins at the selection of a source file.

Most cameras with a method of shooting video, Lightroom had to offer support files in the catalog. Thumbnails will be generated for each sequence imported. It will mark, record, filter video files in the same way as images. We can also group them into collections or collections dynamics. Whether Magnifier mode or Grid view, Lightroom displays the duration of the video and allows direct reading in the software's default system. By cons, there is no tool for editing or video editing