Thread: Adobe air on OLPC (linux)

Adobe air on OLPC (linux)

Hi everyone ,

I am trying to perform the installation of Adobe AIR on OLPC . This is one of the custom linux dependent on fedora distribution. When, I have tried to launched the installer and trying to start the installation of Air then I am getting following message at the last point of the installation procedure :

An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.
    You got this before and if so then please suggest me something about this to solve this ..

Re: Adobe air on OLPC (linux)

Hi Bachelot,

I have some solution and wanted to share with you all and I am sure it would be helpful for you to solve your issues.. To be able to help you with this one strategy , I would require some information and the following command would be really helpful to measure the actual issue. Can you post back the output of the below suggested command:

Code:
    ls -al /usr/lib | grep -i librpm
    One more thing, have you tried to go with the AIR2 beta ? AIR installer came as a rpm package and you can get it from the official site of the Adobe..

You are trying to perform the installation through the GUI environment, did you tried to install the same with the help of command line argument. If you are lacking in the installation procedure then you should start the installation from the command line tool and I am sure, there are minimum possibilities of error can be raised. Just give it a try and if you are still getting the same message then please report me back ..

I have installed the Vista Home Premium SP1, and I continuously receiving the below specified error message while trying to reinstall the Adobe Air. After performing the installation , I get a dialog box stating that Air installed successfully. When I click on the OK button , I get another box stating me:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

This error getting repeated itself one after another . Air had installed well a while back but the programs using it started having issues with uprgrades, So I made the uninstallation of them and uninstalled Air, then after I have tried to reinstall Air. Do you have any suggestion regarding this .

I have no any idea about this , what's going on, but I have tried all possible things and searched all over on the web for any single solution for this. There are several users have posted on different forums but there is no any proper replies at all. I have tried to launch the installer and wanted to continue the installation as an administrator user , gave full access in the permissions , and have tried removing the installation with the free Windows utility. There is nothing goes to work, it looks very frustrating for me.

hey dude \, you are not only one user here suffering with this issue but you know there are so many users are having the same issue and I am also included in that queue . this is too was driving me insane. This is what worked for me: Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from the location suggested : http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe

Launched it and look for an Adobe AIR entry. Mine was little bit as just Adobe AIR 1.08 choose it and remove it out. Now try to perform the installation of the same Adobe AIR 1.5.

1. Browse the Terminal
    2. Download the file from the following suggested official link using wget command:
    http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin...RInstaller.bin
    3. The name of the file is AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    4. Save the file in the Home directory of yours (Places > Home directory)
    5. Execute the following command as :
    chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    6. Then after execute the commands:
    sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

The common installer will open, install this. From now whenever you will go for the downloading of .air file, just double click on this and this will be installed.