Thread: Run adobe Air from USB stick

Run adobe Air from USB stick

I am doing some experiment within the linux environment currently . I have copied a Adobe Air installation on the USB disk and mounted in the location as :

/media/usb with the runtime in /media/usb/air

If I am issuing the command as :

cd /media/usb/air
    ./Versions/1.0/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer -runtime /media/usb/

It start detecting and working with the runtime. It works because I committed the copy of some .So that where symbolic links within the directory hierarchy.I can select a packaged in that way. The Air application launch the installer and installation starts, I click on the "install" button and I can select the directory to install this . Default proposed directory is /opt. Whatever folder, I select it works only if I am running with the air installed on my machine. Otherwise got failed with a "error #1".

I have tried to reconfigure the paths in configuration files in the installation on the USB key to locate to /media/usb/air but there is no any effect at all. It looks that somewhere the installer or the Air package still locate to a default installation with the following location : /opt/Adobe AIR.

Re: Run adobe Air from USB stick

Whatever you have done right now seems like you are trying to perform the testing but you know the installation should be with a perfect installation destination. Such a test configuration is not supported in this scenario. As you have properly figured out that the Adobe AIR Run-time is always needed to be present at the following location :

"/opt/Adobe AIR".

So that location is hard coded within the binary of the linux created which is also a variable in several configuration files which seems very weird for to me... By the way, what a worst thing and it should be fine to replace a single variable to contain the Air installed wherever I need to have it.

I am searching about the use of the adobe air application and using Adobe Air on an minimum speed system and specifically running from a USB Stick.Currently , I have tried to going with the Ubuntu Live USB and contained some better results - but I am searching for the most skinnest configuration which will allow the Adobe Air to perform its thing without several other processes consuming up valuable processing time and to make things fun, it's entirely got to execute from a USB device .