Thread: jQuery AJAX vs. Adobe AIR AJAX Class

jQuery AJAX vs. Adobe AIR AJAX Class

I wanted to use jQuery for my upcoming project and as you are aware that the jquery comes with an included AJAX module, but I could also work with the AJAX class provided with adobe air. Which one should be fine to use in this situation ? I have done before with jQuery and so I am familiar with this library. Do you have any idea about this and is there any difference between Adobe AIR AJAX Class and jQuery's AJAX ? Thank you for any help ,

Re: jQuery AJAX vs. Adobe AIR AJAX Class

Would you tell me something about your implementation of the code and what are the components that you are going to use. There are so many classes are provided in the Adobe AIR application and contains the complete hierarchy of the classes and you have to be care about this but first of all ,you just tell me that What Adobe AIR AJAX class are you are referring to?

I got another tutorial which looks like this, please take a look at the following posted code :

Code:
    $("#logbutton ").click(function(){ 
    params = 'uname='+$("#uname").val()+'&password='+$("#password").val(); 
    request = new air.URLRequest(server + 'loginService.php'); 
    request.data = params; 
    request.method = air.URLRequestMethod.POST; 
    loader = new air.URLLoader(); 
    loader.addEventListener(air.Event.COMPLETE, loginComplete); 
    try { 
       loader.load(request); 
    } catch (error) { 
       alert("Error connecting to login server.");
    And, I am just telling that you could go for the same technique in the jQuery. Are you sure about the advantage of this to implement in my use within the AIR's AJAX Class ? Thanks for your help and support.

The Adobe Air introduction document suggest something sample and it seems to different in Air development within three different categories:
    1- HTML/Ajax
    2- Flash
    3- Flex
    I have gone the online tutorials and figured out about some code but I am not completely sure about the differences between them and more necessary thing is that why you would select one approach over the another.

I have some idea and wanted to share with you all and I got after some research. This is the proper summary of that operation :

1- HTML/Ajax, Flash, and Flex are different techniques for creating web applications. These methodologies can be combined in a single web application.
    2- Adobe AIR is a runtime that facilitates you to take those web based methods and execute them as a desktop application instead of running in the browser. You can combine them in the similar application.
    3- Flash is a runtime which was mainly generated to provide a rich UI to browser dependent applications. AIR brings the Flash runtime to desktop application.
    4- Flash runs compiled SWF files and is scripted through the ActionScript. Flex is one of the utility such as (SDK, MXML schema for defining UI, etc), that makes it simpler to generate the application that run on the Flash runtime (it generates SWF files).

According to the made decision regarding which method(s) should be applied when developing for AIR, According to me, that should be dependent on the experience and preferences of the application programmer working on this . I don't consider that Adobe provide any suggestion here because their purpose is easily to facilitate the same options for desktop developers that web developers already running with.