Thread: Sorry, an error has occurred. Adobe Air not available

Sorry, an error has occurred. Adobe Air not available

I have performed the installation of this on two Mac systems and have been unable to perform so. I get the same error message on both machines as follows:

Sorry, an error has occurred. **** This application requires an update to Adobe AIR that is not available for your system. **** Please view the system requirements for Adobe AIR and update your system accordingly.

Both of the system meet and exceed by a wide margin the system requirements (i.e., Mac OS , i7 processor, 8GB RAM memory).Do you have any idea about this ?

Thank you .

Re: Sorry, an error has occurred. Adobe Air not available

Hello all. I am receiving the above message as when I am going to install the Adobe AIR application . This is something about this issue and some information on this problem:

1- I have done the installation and it goes very well, but when I perform the uninstallation of this, it something must have been just broken because I am unable to perform the reinstallation of this now.
    2- I have installed Windows 7 on my machine .

I have attached the file which is .airinstall.log file that is generated when I was trying to install this.Please take a look at the attachment section..
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have been going to commit the updates of my Adobe AIR but when I am trying to install and in the middle of the installation process, I have just received the message as "An error has occurred." . I am working on windows XP and running as a Administrator of the system So, I am not pretty sure what I have to do. I have tried the Deletion and everything "AIR" associated but I still getting the "sorry" message . Any guesses as to how to get AIR back on my system working properly ?

It looks like you required to execute the .exe file with the "-uninstall" parameter at a time before going to install once . Even though I had perform the uninstallation via Windows 7 uninstaller, Adobe uninstaller and Microsoft Installer Cleanup tool0, also cleaning out the registry with the proper way, it looks that it was not getting uninstalled. So, for anybody else with the similar issue then you should try to go with this suggested procedure :

1- Create a shortcut of the Adobe AIR installer executable.
    2- Just right-click on the executable file and select properties and click on the "shortcut" tab.
    3- From the "Target" section, add "-uninstall" to the bottom of the already written text.
    4- Execute the file and Adobe AIR will actually be uninstalled this time.
    5) Now, launch the main installer file to install the program.

I am about to the conclusion that the installer must be conflicting with different program which I have done the installation recently or a missing file that it requires. I think, I require some more information regarding what files Adobe Air references when it goes for installation and what type of files or related programs it is likely to conflict with.

Thanks for your assistance.