Thread: Publisher id generation with Adobe AIR 1.5.3

Publisher id generation with Adobe AIR 1.5.3

I am searching for the information on how the publisherid value is generated in the Adobe AIR 1.5.3 applications. It seems that I must not specify the publisherivale on my application descriptor file. It looks like with the 1.5.3 and later then that. I am guessing the operating system is assignis the publisher id value so? Is there any specific way of figuring out what the publisherid going to be used? Any help on Publisher id generation with Adobe AIR 1.5.3 will be appreciated.

Re: Publisher id generation with Adobe AIR 1.5.3

AIR is creating your publisher id from the certificate that is used for signing the AIR application. If you sign your application with this certificate then all the things that you have created must have the same publisher id. For checking what it is you just need to sign it. You will get a new publisher id if your certificate expires. One thing is clear that publisher id will not be same.

As per the Adobe documentation: AIR 1.5.3 publisher ID is now deprecated and it is no longer calculated on the bases of code signing certificate. I am using 1.5.3 AIR application and according to me publisher id is generated at the time of installation and not at the time compilation or at the time of building an application. I hope this information will help your to understand some parts of it.

New applications do not require and must not use the publisher ID. I am also using the same version and the application created with AIR 1.5.3 will define publisher id string in the application descriptor. You only required publishing the id when you are publishing updates for any specific application that is originally published for the edition of AIR PRIOR TO 1.5.3.

Adobe air problem, when I run dofus window on what is marked "play" and "options" up no problem! So I click on play button, the window of an adobe air arrives, read the regulation etc.so on accept and the dofus window closes, I reopen the same problem can be, is there any solution for this problem.

Try to uninstall Adobe Air 2 and 1.5 to reinstall Adobe Air instead. To uninstall Adobe Air 2 on Windows: go to your control panel, remove programs all go in and choose Adobe Air. I hope this will help. Note that the new update Frigost normally installs version 1.5 of Adobe Air. Thereafter, if Adobe Air offers to switch the update Adobe Air 2.0 should be denied this time.

I want to update Adobe AIR, I upload it on the site, no problem, I want to start the installation and then it does not want the progress bar installs remains empty and after 6-7s I have the following error message: “An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. It is possible that your administrator does not allow this installation. Please contact your administrator.” I try to execute it as administrator but then re-Belote, same scenario. I want to uninstall then reinstall the full, then Control Panel, Adobe AIR, uninstall. Needless to say next? Same error message, a progress bar remains empty uninstall. Have you any idea what could it be?