Thread: Acrobat reader can't open file 'xxxxx.pdf' because it is not a supported file error

Acrobat reader can't open file 'xxxxx.pdf' because it is not a supported file error

I'm having a problem reading a personal file, the answer is Acrobat could not open xxxx.xxx because the file type is not supported or file is damaged (it was sent as an attachment and not decoded correctly, for example How can I fix this? Because I urgently need this file for voluntary work, thank you kindly give me your help, because I have no computer skills. Regards.

Re: Acrobat reader can't open file 'xxxxx.pdf' because it is not a supported file error

Most probably this might be due to two reason either the pdf file which you are trying is corrupted or the Adobe reader application have corrupted and hence i would suggest you to go for the reinstallation of the adobe reader application if you are not able to get rid of this problem try opening the application on line through the option open as HTML document. This will help you to view the pdf file.

Re: Acrobat reader can't open file 'xxxxx.pdf' because it is not a supported file error

The file format. PDF is widely used to transmit documents ready to print "any type of machine and operating system. It generally uses the software Acrobat Reader from Adobe to read this file format. The software that free Adobe has the disadvantage of being cumbersome to install and launch. It usually takes several seconds to load software into memory and display a PDF file. so you can still use the Foxit reader which will help you in this matter.

Have you tried to open Acrobat Reader and open the document in question from the file menu -> open. Secondly, Have you tried with different documents.

Try Adobe Reader for PDFs by default in:

Start / program defaults / associate a file type or protocol with a program you can search the list in PDF format, you put Adobe Reader and you confirm.

I hope this will help.

The files produced by Acrobat are organized according to the PDF (Portable Document Format). The advantage of PDF over HTML is that the release of the document is faithful to the original and it does not depend on the configuration of the machine on which the consultation takes place, or the version software. This is not the case in HTML where the differences between browsers and setting are reflected in changes on the screen or when printed. So if you are not able to view some documents then this situation clearly indicates that the application is corrupted and hence you will have to reinstall it again.