Thread: Still no Dolby Decoding

Still no Dolby Decoding

I seek simply to have a dolby prologic decoder classic on my HTPC. It must be capable of decoding from external sources of digital inputs which is SPDIF Toslink and analog which is especially digital. I had a LaserDisc player connected by fiber optics, or by conventional analog sound input. I have a TV Tuner and a cable box connected. I had a sound card TerraTec Aureon 5.1 but I does not know how to decode the same in Dolby Surround.

Re: Still no Dolby Decoding

I bought a sound card creative x-fi platinum ..and it remains unclear that how to use the codec support in this. The fact is that there is a setting in the drivers which permit dolby digital encoding. It does not do anything except extracting the soundtrack that can be a wav or mp3. You might need to put a good software in your system which can support the same.

I already have a TerraTec but it does not decode Dolby prologic. It is therefore logical that I must switch to some option. I downloaded the document that I read carefully throughout for a full setup. But there is nothing much help provided there. There no Dolby Surround, Dolby prologic or Dolby prologic II proposed in the same. And whatever the source, no adjustment is proposed.

Everything you describe is exactly what I want to do. I just bought an Xbox 360 and want to take advantage of Dolby Digital 5.1. I had added good speakers to my home theater system. I have a 5.1 analogue kit connected to my PC which is working on onboard sound but it has no digital input jack. Last night I purchased Terratec Aureon 5.1 with optical digital input and output. I am here eager to plug the same to my system.

In my case I put the cable and the driver is active in the conversion feature which is located at optical digital input > analog output. I can hear sound coming out of speakers connected to the PC but they are restricted to two cases. I had set my XBox for a Digital stereo output and there no problem. Everything works perfectly here but sound in the stereo is very less.

The data passing through the cable and the encoded Dolby Digital signal is not converted by my sound card. So for that I am looking for a solution. It is better to look for software first and then possibly the hardware but I will keep that in option. For the 5.1 signal out of the speakers the quality must be quiet good. I don't want to furthermore invest in a extra hardware.

I am sure that it is due to the drivers of the sound card you are using. You might not have any control of this type of decoding. Or else you have a good graphic card. But normally it works very well. There must not be any problem. You need to try to recover the same from any stereo source into Dolby surround 3.0 stamped 2.0. I was trying to recover from any stereo source into Dolby surround 3.0 stamped 2.0.