Thread: Can I burn VADO files to DVD?

Can I burn VADO files to DVD?

I am thinking to buy Vado HD camcorder. But there are many things I am not aware about. So I thought to know the things first and then go for it.!! The main thing I want to ask you guys is that can I burn VADO files to DVD, so that later on I watch it on TV..?? You can consider me as newbie, so give me information with proper explanation. Any other minutiae would be really appreciable.!!

Re: Can I burn VADO files to DVD?

From the creators of award-winning Ford HD, Ford's new generation of HD combines modern design with high-quality videos in a small camcorder easy to use. Slim and easy to use, the Vado camcorder records HD video up to 120 minutes with a widescreen HD resolution up to 7000 photos or capture HD with a single button. If you want a panoramic film, connect the Vado HD to an HDTV via an HDMI output. Plug the headphones if you listen in private or even a microphone for better audio recording. With USB flexible arm can be connected quickly to any computer to transfer and share videos or photos. Furthermore, the Vado Central software integrated, it is very easy to view, edit and share videos wherever you go.

I am having that equivalent camcorder and also I view the recordings on TV. All I did is I dragged the clips into Moviemaker (somehow) and edited the titles and music. Then it asked "Save for burning to DVD". It took the accustomed 2 hours. Nothing showed on the DVD (mine also sends to Nero for burning). So I clicked "Save for viewing on My Computer". After it did its thing, the only thing that showed in windows media video are the titles and music from MovieMaker.

For uncomplicated edits (cut & pasting), you can do it lossless in vdub, you just require x264vfw or (ffdshow with h.264 facilitated in the vfw interface). You have to cut on keyframes, but keyframes are spaced 10 apart in Vado HD footage, so cutting it isn't that appalling. Exporting preserves h.264/adpcm in .avi structure.

Has somebody originated a solution to this issue yet? I can't deem Creative would release a product like this with almost no 3rd-party support. I really wanted to get this camera, but this is a deal-breaker. I managed to get a few unprocessed files from the Vado HD to test. They work fine just for playing in WMP, but I cannot amend the videos in any program I tried. Adobe Premiere CS4 doesn't work. You can hear an audio but no video. If you endeavor to do basically anything it crashes. Sony Vegas 9 doesn't work moreover. Same deal, audio with no video. Same question in VirtualDub. I have ffdshow installed and H.264 is enabled (libavcodec). Do I have any supplementary options here? Help me!!

The Vado HD files are programmed with H.264 for video, but the audio is some bizarre compressed WAV format that very few programs seem prepared to covenant with, and most of them will throw the baby elsewhere with the bathwater when that takes place?? i.e. won't even show the video. But you can renovate the audio to a simple mp3 or aac stream, and unexpectedly those same programs will be able to display it! Once again, I use Super for this, since it's very easy. For example, if you desire to edit the H.264 unswervingly with, say, Quicktime, just open up Super, choose the MOV container for your output, choose "Direct Video Copy" for the video, choose LC AAC for Audio, drag all files to be encoded into the Super list window, and within a small amount of short minutes all those files will be playable, and editable in Quicktime. There's no video transcoding concerned here, so you're working at complete quality, the same exact video stream that was recorded by the Vado. Personally, I'm not a fan of Quicktime, so I've kind of discarded this method! I'd rather have full editing capabilities in Premiere Elements.

The following are some features of it :
    • Recording and snapshot: Capture spontaneous moments with the one-touch recording.
    • Capture video and high-definition photos: Record unforgettable moments of your life with an HD video resolution up to 1280x720p. You can also capture the moment with a snapshot of HD quality, just change the picture as a button. With the wide-angle lens can capture more scenes action and broader. Ford HD works well in dark environments.
    • Video 2 hours HD / 7000 HD shots: Save up to 2 hours of HD quality video or up to 7000 images with a resolution of 1280x720.
    • HDTV video playback: Connect the HD to an HDTV Vado via an HDMI cable and enjoy your videos in 1080i HD quality.

I thought, since you are eager to buy the Vado HD, it would be better to tell you some more features about it. So I have posted some features :
    • More connectivity options: Vado HD is equipped with a multifunction plug gives you the flexibility to get the most out of your pocket camcorder. Connect a microphone to improve audio recording for more advanced applications, such as reports, recordings, concerts and documentaries, among others. Connect headphones if you want to hear in private. The video output other than HDMI interfaces are displayed through an analog AV cable.
    • Small in size, big on features: I could Vado HD camcorder that is small but is packed with features, such as touch buttons, 2x digital zoom, manual exposure settings or motion detection, among many others.
    • Hours of entertainment rechargeable: Enjoy two hours of recording and playback with lithium ion battery that is easily removed and charged through a USB port.
    • Compression quality: The video compression technology H.264 video quality provides unprecedented practical file sizes to enjoy the best viewing experience possible.