Thread: Where is Microphone Effects Tab

Where is Microphone Effects Tab

I have bought a new Creative Fatality MKII Headset and I am searching for the Microphone Effects tab for activating the Silencer. I guess this tab does seems to be there on my console. I have installed 64 bit windows 7 on my computer. What would be the reason behind this?

Re: Where is Microphone Effects Tab

For getting an option for Microphone Effects Tab, Your computer system must be having the Creative Console Launcher 2.61.35. This is needed to have all the options on your software. You can easily find out the link on an official website from where you can download the Creative Console Launcher 2.61.35. First check that is it there on your system or not.

I have given you some steps as follows.
    1. Delete program data, regedit, appdata etc which is with the Creative in name.
    2. Download the 64 bit win 7 drivers and Console Launcher for Windows 7
    3. Put in an Installation CD of sound card.
    4. Now install whatever you need but make sure that you have not checked driver and Console Launcher.
    5. Restart your computer system.
    6. Launch Console Launcher and go to the Mixer tab and then select an arrow which has been placed above the REC and then select Microphone and not Microphone FP.
    7. Go to the Settings and there you have your Microphone Effects tab.

Actually this might be because of the driver that you have installed on your windows 7 for sound card on your system. I have seen many people searching for an options of the sound or microphone but this kind of options automatically enables when you connect the device but an only condition is that you must have proper driver for it.

I think you should directly contact with the customer service of the sound card which you have used on your windows 7 computer system. This does not seems to be bigger issue so they would be solving it more easily and even it would be easy for you to get Microphone Effects Tab. Now you must be knowing the number of the customer care of your sound card.

Please open the Creative Console Launcher by going to Start > Creative folder and go through the following steps:
    • In Entertainment Mode:

1. Click on the Microphone icon to open the Microphone effects window.
    2. You should be able to see where to enable/disable the Voice FX and Silencer.
    • In Game Mode:

1. Choose Settings.
    2. Choose Microphone Effects tab. You should be able to enable/disable your Voice FX and Silencer here.