Thread: Executing a exe from adobe air ??

Executing a exe from adobe air ??

I am going to create an application and I need to do something which I didn't do before and suddenly,it has been necessary for me..I am unable to do that while I worked upon windows system . I need to run a exe from adobe AIR but I can't do it and I have no idea how to do it .Currently, I am working upon the Adobe Flex Builder 3. Someone can suggest me about this , It's very necessary for me .

Re: Executing a exe from adobe air ??

There is one method and it have just added with the AIR application and you can easily achieve this feature. This feature has been made available in AIR2 with the NativeProcess APIs. You can get it from the official site of Adobe but remember one thing you have to download the latest version of Adobe AIR..You have to make the interface between the native processes and AIR application then after you can do all that ...

Thanks ..

Re: Executing a exe from adobe air ??

As about the Adobe AIR 2, AIR applications can be launched and able to interact with different native processes through the command line argument . For instance , an AIR application is executable for a process and can interact with this through the standard input and output streams. An AIR application in the extended desktop profile can launch a file, as if this were accessed by the command line option. It can interact with the standard streams of the native process. Standard streams contains the functionality of standard input stream (stdin),output stream (stdout), the standard error stream (stderr).

Communicating with a native process

When an AIR application has started a native process, it can interact with the standard input, standard output, and also with the standard error streams of the standard process. You can access and modify data to the streams with the help of below suggested properties of the NativeProcess object:

• standardInput—Contains access to the standard input stream data.
    • standardOutput—Contains access to the standard output stream data.
    • standardError—Contains access to the standard error stream data.