Thread: Why doesn't Photoshop see my scanner or the plugin?

Why doesn't Photoshop see my scanner or the plugin?

I have recently loaded CS4 on my Mac 10.5.7. I have downloaded and also performed the installation of the newest OSX Epson 1240U scanner program and also taken the copies of the Twain plugin from the Adobe Goodies disks to the Photoshop > Plugins > Import/Export directory. Restarted the system, turned off and disconnected my USB scanner, fired it back up, and again launched the Photoshop, etc. The scanner software goes well in stand-alone mode. But Photoshop doesn't detect my scanner at all. As well as , the TWAIN plugin doesn't even displayed up in the plug ins directory list.

Re: Why doesn't Photoshop see my scanner or the plugin?

This is happening because of the plugins wrong functionality and you have to reconfigure the plugins that you have applied . One more thing , it can be happened because CS4 moved the TWAIN plugin to the optional plugins -- Also several error prone scanner drivers were occurring the Photoshop to get crash, and Adobe doesn't have any control upon the buggy scanner drivers.

Primarily , you have to perform the installation of the TWAIN plug-in at your own risk within the CS4. This was intentionally left out of the default CS4 installation for a better causes , specifically that several scanner drivers will provide you grief. In order to this , this is appropriate to scan outside of Photoshop instead of tying an costly application to call upon the scanner's programs anyway. There should be no issue if you have installed the scanner driver properly . Exactly how did you perform this? This can be issue of the printer compatibility issue, that is an old scanner (I am sure, I have one right here :-).

Quote Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
    This can be issue of the printer compatibility issue, that is an old scanner (I am sure, I have one right here :-).
    deveritt detected a very feasible point here . The driver installed for the scanner was mostly never updated for Universal Binary. If that is the situation, there is no any way that it will run from under the Photoshop on your brand new Mac-Intel enabled system.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Thanks for your prompt replies . As I stated before, the scanner driver seems to work well in stand-alone mode. I have done the importing of scanned images which is directly from within Photoshop.

For making the installation of Twain plugin, I have dragged this from the Adobe Goodies directly for the Photoshop > Plugins > Import Export directory (that's what suggested to do in the Adobe Readme file). Just seemed strange for me that it would not display up in the Photoshop Plugin list entirely , it is just as it isn't present there. I have again launched the Photoshop and it still doesn't display up.