Thread: Unable to find Adobe PDF resource files?

Unable to find Adobe PDF resource files?

I am getting a wired issue from the adobe application . When I try to make a PDF of a map in ArcMap 9.3 then I just received an error message as "Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files." It is indicating for the documents and settings Adobe PDF converter.joboptions . When I tried the same in word document and find that it is working properly in Word. What could be the wrong thing I am doing with this document?Do you have any suggestion regarding this error message and issues ..
    Last edited by Sabhajit; 01-07-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Re: Unable to find Adobe PDF resource files?

I am getting similar issue after installing the newest Windows updates including sp3. I couldn't make the Adobe files on my root machine having the same message in InDesign CS. I moved to a backup machine which hasn't been used for some times and I still couldn't built a PDF files there also. Windows moved through different updates including SP3. Then I got the similar error on that system. From the InDesign, I pushed up the Adobe PDF printer screen, moved to the setup, and got a button tagged as "find printer." then after I selected the Adobe printer and every thing is going fine now. I hope, it would be helpful for you to resolve this issue...

I also started getting such issue and it suddenly happened after installing the H&R Block At my Home Premium and Business and occurred when I was going to take a print of my tax return to PDF format.

I didn't got this issue before, I selected "Yes" option for the prompt about reinstalling the Adobe resource files, and it restarted and then the machine bug-checked with the BSOD, and got difficulties in and endless cycle of restarting until I put my Norton Ghost image disk (bootable) and restored to a back up image. It seems very serious system corruption. I am not sure whether it is going on because of the H&R Block's fault or Adobe Acrobat.Please do something for me ???

This is reported by so many users. This is not actually occurred from the adobe application but it is reported by networking users and some more..When you make a PDF file with the Adobe Acrobat Elements 6.0, the Create Adobe PDF window shows the error message as "Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files. Do you need to launch the installer in repair mode?"

Just uninstall the Adobe Reader 7.0 and then after perform a reinstallation of the same into the Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat 6.0 directory location and then after try again to make a PDF document with Acrobat Elements 6.0.

1. Uninstall the Adobe Reader 7.0 from the Add or Remove Programs panel and then restart.

2. Perform the installation of Adobe Reader 7.0: At the located directory panel, click Change Destination Folder and choose Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat 6.0. Click on the OK button to commit the changes, then Next to continue the install.