Thread: Photoshop CS2 Not Enough RAM error message

Photoshop CS2 Not Enough RAM error message

Because of some strange causes, my copy of Photoshop CS2 which is on macintosh has started occurring me an error message after program launched up: could not complete your request because there is not enough RAM. This is the message comes up for 1 minute after I open the program. The software works well . I just quit from the window and go on. I haven't performed the installation of any latest plug ins or changes for my preferences or hardware configuration. How do I resolve it !!!

Re: Photoshop CS2 Not Enough RAM error message

This is not any system internal issue, you have to do something to resolve this issue with the help of softwares available and you have done the installation. That is odd based on the reinstallation and the wiping of preferences. contacted with the tech support help and they suggested me the same as I am suggesting you to do . You are getting such error message because of having inappropriate functioning of plug-ins. Now, you have o make some changes in the plug in specification and I am sure it would be helpful for you to get rid id such type of issue. You could try to delete the plug-ins from your Plug-Ins directory and check it out if it is going fine anyway .

I didn't got this issue before and I was running very fine. I thought, it could be happened because of the incapability of RAM , so I have just added more RAM memory for getting efficiency to run the program properly with my system and now I am still getting the same error message as "Not enough RAM to launch the program " But. Photo shop 4 has been installed and working on my system for years and has been worked within the W2000 previously without any problems.I am sure that it is not an issue regarding the RAM. I have installed any plugins and all. Please help me...

I am running with some issues . I have just got the Adobe PS CS2 and it is functioning very slow. I don't have any idea why. I have tried to find out about the same in Google , but unable to one. I have reasized my Virtual Memory , done the updated to 9.0.1, lowered and raised my memory usage in PS from the Preferences, and also killed entire running programs while working with Photoshop. But still it's very slow. The error that I get is something along the statement stated by members but something different as 'Could not perform yadayadayada, not enough RAM.'

System Specification:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
    2GB Corsair RAM (PC-3200)
    2x nVIDIA eVGA 7800GT's

First of all, You should check out the RAM from the system properties? You could running with a destroyed RAM card. How much RAM photoshop is detecting ? The default of 55% is suggested. There are some thing that you need to try out as follows :

-Try to decrease the cache levels to 3 or 4.
    -Keep the info palette closed.
    - Disable the Hardware acceleration - video card.

Of course, if you are using a new image to work upon that, just be sure that you haven't accidentally created the dimensions/resolution huge!

RAM is well going . I have had this for near about one year now. Windows detects this and I can run most of the newly installed games at top quality. This is configured at 55% now. I have slid this down to 20% and lifted this up at 90%, still there are no changes.

I have decreased the cache levels from 2 and 3, but still there is no any changes are getting reflected . Where is the info palette? I am running with a rather small image. 400x400. I am unable to even fill in a frigging circle without freezing this up.