Thread: Photoshop CS3 color management "Save for Web" problem

Photoshop CS3 color management "Save for Web" problem

Has some noticed that when you move from InDesign CS3 to Photoshop CS3, and then started to work with the "Save for Web" function, that this lightens the pictures , regardless of the color configuration? It happens regardless if I used to do the copy/paste along with two of the programs or if I view a JPEG/EPS/PDF saved from InDesign CS3 and then move to export this for the web from Photoshop CS3.

The only method through which I am able to have the file with the absolute color, is to bypass Photoshop altogether and save the Indesign file as a common JPEG, and open this up in the Fireworks and work with their export properties. I am not sure but I have this issue in CS2 much before. What are the configuration should be made ? please suggest me something !!!

Re: Photoshop CS3 color management "Save for Web" problem

According to me, it is known to all that there are only 216 web safe colors. I wouldn't bother saving for web from photoshop as JPEG is well.There would not be any problem if you export from InDesign the absolute size but you have to use the points as your measurements. One point is similar to the 1/72 of an inch. So, for a 72 dpi image, 1 point would be equal to the 1 pixel. When I generate the slides in InDesign, I create 1024 x 768 pt documents and then export jpg with the settings of 72 dpi. You can be able to use that JPEG you exported from InDesign for the web. You need move to the Photoshop for further changes .

I am running with an wired issue in the Photoshop CS3 (I have had this in the previous versions as well and can't solve ). When I make something in RGB/GRAYSCALE-mode and I need to apply the "Save for web"-function , then entire thing gets a bit brighter. I am unable to seem to compare with the actual colors.

I know, it is a problem about the color-configuration but I have tried all the possible alternatives to solve this in CS3. It goes fine for me within the previous versions but I am unable to recall how would changed this ! Do you all have any idea that can be helpful for me to solve this ??

Commonly, when you make an image in the RGB, Photoshop associates a color profile to the document to have your colors proper in color managed softwares, however, you may think that it is safe, the internet is not color controlled so when you save for web then the color profile is stripped like it is not associated with the browsers and the colors shift slightly. You have to move for : Edit menu =>Color Settings and configure your RGB space with the 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' and that would be helpful for you to fix your issue here .

If you are running on Mac, this can also be worth proofing the pics for Windows before you complete too, as the Windows monitor gamma is another things always consider darker on the Windows enabled monitors, and as more than 90% of the web will be getting this method. There is no sense to move for View =>Proof SetUp=>Windows RGB to find this out, you can toggle within the views by issuing 'Command'+'Y

Hi Brylee, The interface with the web safe colors should only be used in the 1990s when not entire displays were configure up to 8 bit. Currently, we have 24 bit displays which allow millions of colors. InDesign does not facilitates the interactive Save for Web preview that Photoshop decrease the image to the proper and suitable file size.

The thing which may have configured on you is color management configuration and working document color modes. Are they the similar as what you had in CS2?