Thread: Scripting photoshop image browser

Scripting photoshop image browser

I need your help to create a script , Is this possible to script the image browser? I requires to make the browser to:
    • Move to specific directory or network location
    • Display specific images related on metadata

Is there any recommendation regarding this or any suggestion where to look for existing source code to start with this. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.

Re: Scripting photoshop image browser

The browser is Bridge. If you are really interested to do this then you can get with the help of ExtendScript Toolkit, the IDE which gets installed along with the Photoshop.

The Adobe Bridge SDK that is updated specially for CS4, it allows the developers to integrate with and extend Bridge. This one SDK made enables the developers the procedure and method and strategies and tools to do the programming with the JavaScript API to Bridge, and the develop plug-ins (external libraries) for Bridge in C and C++ programming languages and call this code from JavaScript. The external object methods can be used to create the plug-ins for Adobe Creative Suite 4 applications which contains the integrated ExtendScript, an Adobe JavaScript implementation.

Thanks for such a wonderful help and suggestion. The image browser which suggests the file browser found under the Photoshop CS. I am unable to use this anymore? Photoshop CS4 does not contains the facilities of File Browser?

I haven't used CS4 not I installed the Bridge software. I am just thinking to purchase it if the existing softwre will not help me. I am workign with the Visual Basic 6 GUI as my utility in the scripting Photoshop. would you suggest me somethihg, Can I script Bridge with VB? I am aware about this that I am currently working with a previous version of the Photoshop and that because I have created several utilities for my own use dependent on Photoshop CS . Do you have any method or utilities available that can be able to convert my previous VB code to work with Photoshop CS4?

OH , I am reading this thread and I am glad that you are only the user who is getting such issue and fighting to get the solution anyway. But I don't want to confuse you .. Honestly, I am not sure if its possible to script the browser in CS, Bridge provided and available in CS2. Your code written in VB should be fine for latest versions of Photoshop . I haven't got the bridge scripted within the programs in Visual Basic, the norm is JavaScript. It can be possible though working with the Photoshop and BridgeTalk.I hope, it can be helpful for you to go for a right decision .. Thanks