Thread: Does Adobe Air support Mac OS X?

Does Adobe Air support Mac OS X?

I am using mac but I am confused to implement the adobe applications on that and I need your help to do this . When I used to run the Adobe.com on Adobe Air (or some other different Air application, for that case), the application got crashes suddenly . Actually, I am working on Mac OS 10.5.6. I was initially capable to execute Air applications. But as of last week or so, I am unable to do that .

Re: Does Adobe Air support Mac OS X?

Sorry to get that you are crashing while working with the AIR application. Are you capable to retrieve www.acrobat.com from your current browser properly ? Have you changed anything when you were able to execute the AIR applications in well manner?Would you elaborate the situation there.. You might think trying to execute the AIR application in a new Administrative user to get if the crashes are user-specific. You need to give this a try and get back to this !

Will you tell me something, Can you make a new administrative account with the following location and specificaton : System Preferences => User Accounts => New User/Administrative priveledges, maybe call this "troubleshoot", if you desire, and then try to perform the installation of the AIR application ... This test is to commonly start with a clean user directory, and thus the applications make a new sets of preferences. If things work under this user, then we might be able to pinpoint a worst preference file, or user permission associated error. Just try to with the step and if it still not working .

I am getting myself unable to install the adobe air on my mac machine. I have just received the Adobe AIR and trying to install it on my Mac Pro but go failed to do when I launch the installer, I am getting the error message:

An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.
    I am the administrator of this system and I am currently logged into the same account , it is talking about but I am continuously to get this error message . I am sure to modify the permission of my account and grant. Can somebody here suggest some insight into this?

I have had exactly with the same issue earlier with the Creative Suite and until now haven't got somebody else who had the same scenario or any fix regarding this . Your fix was spot on. I had to commit one small configuration in the sudo command (There is no spaces in the .app names specified).

sudo "./AdobeAIRInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer" -uninstall

Now, I am bale to finally launch and use the Tweetdeck and Balsamiq on Mac OS X within the proper manner.