Thread: Adobe Air 2 not working in Ubuntu 10.04 32Bits

Adobe Air 2 not working in Ubuntu 10.04 32Bits

Hi all,
    I am really in big stuck and feeling very unhelpful to solve this issue and not getting any way to get rid of this very issue. I have just installed the Adobe Air 2 from .deb file and then after after some times from .bin file, but it is not functioning in my Ubuntu, I am not sure what is really going on because I didn't got any error message related to this issue.Anyone knows what is going wrong with this ?

Re: Adobe Air 2 not working in Ubuntu 10.04 32Bits

I am running with the dual booting, windows XP/Hardy installation and ubuntu which is on my Dell 8400 P4-3.4Ghz with 400Gb HDD. Up until I had just Spaz functioning on Adobe Air but I removed this and Adobe Air in order to destroy entire Adobe applications before making the re-installation of Flash to make Firefox get the upgrade to Flash 10.

I figured out that I am unable to get the Adobe Air installer bin file to run it properly . I have to downloaded this so many times and then launch the installaer but no any help at all. Please suggest me something about this ...

What procedure, you are trying to install, I don't think you can go better if you are trying to install it with another procedure. you should use the proper commands to perform the installation of this application..I would suggest you to try this one command which is common and simple used to launch the installer for this one application :

Code:
    sh  AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

As I stated before, I have re-downloaded so many times and wanted to make you sure that I am launching the AIR application installer with the following commands with the sudo:.

sudo chmod 777 AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

And my bin file seems as this:
    Sara@Home:~/downloads$ ls -al Adobe*.*
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 garyd garyd 13745012 2010-06-27 01:14 AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    After I fired the following command within the downloads directory:
    Code:
    ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    And then nothing happens after that and the Air Installer wouldn't launch this again. Somebody here have any suggestion because I really need to get Tweetdeck working in Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Sarasi; 30-06-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Evidently, Adobe always need that you have to use the root for it's installation
    I don't like such way but they told that the widget only contains user grant...
    Fine, so if you have planned that you really believe on Adobe and you have completed the downloading of the file from them,
    then you should go for this :

Code:
    sudo chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    One different note,just remember about work with the chmod 777 and that can be real dangerous reason it grants everyone to use the file.

Thanks mate but I have already be aware the dangers of chmod and your +x is actually like issuing a chmod 755 with the filename - I always go with the chmod number as, since I have been discussing on Unix systems for near about 15 years, I am sure that it works on entire flavors. Sorry, don't need to sound ungrateful but very late here and I uniquely do take the point.

I already used to try to issue the sudo command and that is not going feasible for this . I considered that the bin file is busted - I did not have this issue when I have done the installation of Air the once around and nothing much has configured on my Linux set-up since. Has somebody here managed to install Adobe Air 1.5.2 ??