Thread: Adobe AIR support with Java Applet?

Adobe AIR support with Java Applet?

I saved a HTML page but in the source code of that HTML page , there is a <applet...></applet> tag where user will get and interact with the Java applet. I used the Adobe AIR SDK and perform the loading of the HTML into the AIR application but it is avoiding to accept the applet tag and the Java applet got incapable to load. It can only display the HTML tags and run the Javascript.

I wanted to ask that Adobe AIR is compatible with the Java applet just as several web browser does now a days? If in case, it doesn't have any compatibility then would you tell me how do I integrate the Java code into the AIR application?

Re: Adobe AIR support with Java Applet?

The only plug-ins that are supported with the Acrobat and Flash Player. You are capable to use the AIR 2 NativeProcess API to open up the Java application and interact with this with the help of standard I/O stream. This does need distributing your application as a native capable to run rather than the AIR application. There are some different option through which you can communicate between AIR and Java with the help of sockets.

There is no another Flash SDK. You are able to get entire functionality to make ActionScript application which execute in the Flash Player using the Flex SDK. easily generate your actionscript files and compile this with mxmlc for the web or amxmlc for AIR.

Hi Zecho, I have just got this thread when i was searching to solve my issues and luckily, this threads makes the possibilities to solve my issues. With the same problem, I have also posted as a new thread on another forums which provides the solutions for the adobe application issues.. I bought some software as an applet. Currently, I need to generate an AIR application version of our flash dependent on the web application. Do you have any idea about the possibilities to get applet functioning properly in the AIR applications ?

I am going to start an new intranet application which is based on the 3D display that executes as a java applet. I am just searching the AIR, and it seems amazing, so I think, this will support inclusion of java applets in the HTML-based software projects . Unfortunately this project need to implement this (I didn't got any non-java-based fix which can be capable to present the attractive uv-mapped 3D object display). If AIR can be compatible with this, I am all in.

I am running with some small applet that I have integrated with my Flash web Solution. Currently,I am going to port the same flash web solution to AIR application. But as I was trying to find the absolute solution around the forums, I get to see that AIR is capable to open only two of the plugins i.e. Acrobat reader or Flash. So Applet being an applet is not available in AIR.

Do I require to have the Java source code file to integrate this with the AIR? According to AIR, do have some types of integration exist within the Java.