Thread: Question on Intel turbo boost technology

Question on Intel turbo boost technology

Hello,
    I have some questions on the Intel Turbo Boost Technology. I bought a Dell with a Q720 i7 quad (1.6 ghz) but I do not capture how does it work. In the bios, it said that SpeedStep is "enabled". The driver can not start, and the monitor tells me to intel turbo peaks up to 2.6 ghz.
    My power options are on a normal diet.

1. Do I need a driver for it works?
    2. That may be the problem from the driver (I tried the updates from Windows or Dell but nothing). It tells me that the driver can not start.
    3. Are there any driver incompatibilities? For example with another driver?

Re: Question on Intel turbo boost technology

1. Do I need a driver for it works? "
    You may need an updated BIOS that it fully recognizes the PCU and uses all its functions, but coming from a Dell PC assemble is unlikely that this is the case.

"2. What could be the problem from the driver (I tried the updates from Windows or Dell but nothing). It tells me that the driver can not start."
    Which driver, or rather, the pilot of what material does not seem to start?

"3. Are there any incompatibilities driver? Example with another driver?"
    Unlikely, I think so.

Thank you for your reply. To clarify the situation, I have already updated the bios via the website of DELL. Still nothing. To give you more info, the driver can not start, it's the intel driver turbo boost technology. In fact when I go to Device Manager, the Intel Turbo Boost Technology driver
    PCI Bus 0, device 31, function 6
    This device can not start. (Code 10)
    Code problem: 0000000A
    path:%systemroot% \ System32 \ setupapi.dll, -27
    I tried to uninstall, reinstall, nothing. Always the same. So this is not a problem update. But the question I ask myself, is that AC can walk without a pilot? The Intel Turbo Boost Technology Is not directly integrated into the system?

Does it seem you are not the only victim of this type of problem, I think there are more people facing the same issue. The info on the technology can be found on their official site.
    "But the question I ask myself, is that AC can walk without a pilot?"
    No. But even without the Turbo Boost, the CPU works, this function here.

"The Intel Turbo Boost Technology Is not directly integrated into the system?"
    I thought, but it seems to be a function via software managed ... therefore a risk of bugs, so risk of inoperability. I see no solution other than updating the BIOS and driver of the motherboard.

I just now installed Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor to optimize my performance (I have I5 650). Shortly after I made of my BIOS software Gigabyte BIOS (my motherboard is the GA-H55M-UD2H). After that I had to reboot the pc, and there I see an error message on the small part of Intel Turbo Boost as what it must be enabled. The problem is that this is not software in the start menu where you have access to their configs, and I know how to activate it, the message tells me "for further information of the activation of the Intel Turbo Boost, contact the manufacturer of your computer. Can any one help me with this? Thank you.

Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor is a tool that allows you to change the frequency of your processor. The software comes as a Windows toolbar. It will tell you when applications require a greater frequency of the processor and can then modify to increase performance of your computer. The application supports Intel Core i5 and i7.

Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor is a tool that allows you to change the frequency of your processor. The software comes as a Windows toolbar. It will tell you when applications require a greater frequency of the processor and can then modify to increase performance of your computer. The application supports Intel Core i5 and i7.

Installation Instructions

1. TurboBoostSetup.exe Copy the file on your system.
    2. Double-click TurboBoostSetup.exe. Accept the UAC prompt if it appears.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
    4. If you are installing on a Windows Vista operating system *, double-click the gadget Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor in the gallery of gadgets that appears to install the gadget in the sidebar. This installation is automatic in Windows 7 *