Thread: Adobe AIR segmentation fault on Ubuntu 9.04

Adobe AIR segmentation fault on Ubuntu 9.04

I stated the installation of air and it installed properly without any problems, but whenever I launch the installer then it loads the window with the Open and Save options then after a click on open the window got invisible for me and nothing happensa after that. I have launched this from the command prompt and find a Segmentation distructions.

It seems as it is a really common issue - there's loads of current indications of this on google site but I didn't got any solution of that yet...Do you have any suggestion regarding this issue ?

Re: Adobe AIR segmentation fault on Ubuntu 9.04

Hello Siddhi,

I just need to clarify the actual issue here that you are currently suffering with . As you already told that you were able to install the AIR without any problems during installation but still you told thast when you are going to try and launch the installer then it loads the window with "Open/Save" options.Would you tell me , are you referring to application installer? Are you having any issues when you are attempting the installin of specific AIR application or is this a generic problem ? One more thing that I wanted to ask you ,Are you on 64 bit Ubuntu 9.04 or what ?

If I try and load the AIR application from the website, it automatically opens another window with the message as please wait, loading, and then I got a Window which stated that 'Would you like to open or save this file and the details of the file, with the three options with the buttons specification as Open, Save or Cancel. If I am going to open the window then it automatically got invisible for me . If I click on the save button and try to load from the command line then after I received the segmentation fault issue.

I have tried this with some of the application - Iplayer desktop and tweetdeck and get the similar issue. Actually, I have installed 32bit Ubuntu 9.04. I can try this on another machine if you desire?

This is somewhat to try as I stumbled upon something interesting with a same problem on another day. I would be curious to get if it is faesible for you. I am within the impression that when you install an application, AIR is trying to open a dialog box which states "The following action requires root privileges, please type in the root password"

or somewhat as this . I am also a linux users and I have seen these dialogs before. But according to me, this one dialog may be hard coded somewhere to work with the generic "xterm" application to open up the dialog. In the distributions environment like Fedora and Ubuntu, xterm is not always installed (instead we work with the gnome-terminal, kterm, etc.). But instead of occurring an error, the application just got quits and it displays as if nothing happens. So, I would recommend to you to installing the xterm and fell the changes and report me . I have not a core idea which one package name is in Ubuntu (apt-get install xterm)? But the same thing on Fedora, you can use "sudo yum install xterm".

I am also suffering with this same issues and went throughout the whole threads and trying to resolve the issue but now at this point, i wanted to say that I have already installed the xterm before but after then the AIR is not installing the applications . I have also tried the same installation procedure from the command line terminla as sudo, but no luck. When I try to perform the installation of an application , I got the an AIR dialog that states that "Getting ready to install this application" and then it automatically disappears. Thanks for the suggestions but anymore suggestion is required to solve this !

After last some of days, I have done two fresh installation of Ubuntu 9.04 operation. The first attempt was done on the netbook remix version on eeePC 900 and the another attempt was on the gnome version on an HP desktop. The latter has an AMD 64 Phenom triple core processor but I have done the installation of 32-bit version of Ubuntu. In every scenario, I was capable to install the Air runtime and committed very fine . On the eee, the application installer goes well. On the HP, I received the segmentation fault suggested here.