Thread: Intel PRO Network Connections Driver 14.7 is broken

Intel PRO Network Connections Driver 14.7 is broken

I have installed windows xp professional on my computer system which has an Intel D975BX2. Then i ran the LAN driver installations. Now the problem is that i have got the warning about Network Connections Driver 14.7 is broken. I am getting the dynamic IP address from my router but i am not able to ping from my router's IP.

Re: Intel PRO Network Connections Driver 14.7 is broken

I have bought two servers of model model 5015M-T that contain the "PDSMi" motherboard and i have installed windows XP Pro along with the SP3. Problem is that my Intel PRO/1000 ethernet ports are not picking up the MAC IPs. I have installed an Intel Network Connections Driver version 14.8 but even this does not works.

From the conclusion of your both system's results, I have noticed that the Intel Network Connections Driver of version 14.8 as well as 14.7 are not working for getting the mac's address. But i guess i have seen many people using the Intel Network Connections Driver version 14.6 which works for it and there is not a single problem while using it. I suggest both of you to use the same.

I have some other solution for you, Go to the System and then enter in to Device Manager. Now you have to double click on an intel network driver after which you must go to the Linkspeed and then Diagnostics>IdentifyAdapter which would be identifying an adapter. Then again you have to go to the Device Manager and click on the Driver and switch to an Advance tab. Here you have to select for the "Locally Administered Address" then enter the physical address of your card into the "Value:" edit box.

I have seen the same problem on my machine but i have found the solution for this. First i reinstalled the windows XP from the scratch and then installed networking driver 14.6 from Device Manager. Now my system is running stable and there is no such problems anymore.

Till version 15.2 software launches, I recommend you to use the 14.6 version of the same software. Newer version of an Intel PROSet software which has been installed could cause this kind of an instability there for you should never roll back the drivers from Windows Device Manager instead of that you can do the following.
    1. Go to the Control Panel and open an Add or Remove Programs and uninstall an Intel(R) Network Connections completely.
    2. Now begin an installation of 14.6 version.