Thread: Flash player vs flash Plugin

Flash player vs flash Plugin

Recently purchased a new laptop installed with windows 7. As i was browsing through the control panels add/remove programs i found some programs which i think that i don't use including the Flash player and Flash Plug-in as far as i know these programs are used for similar programs i clearly do not know why these programs are used for anybody any ideas.

Re: Flash player vs flash Plugin

Both are extremely complementary. Very good if there is more need for Flash video. But for everything else, HTML5 is light years or even Flash Sylverlight. This is not because we have a html code a bit rich that one must be content and delete the most sophisticated technologies. So i don't find any difference between these two applications.

I too have to similar kind of doubt and also i don't agree with Sam.D at all since if both these application have been a single application then why these tow applications are recognized by two name more over why they appear as two distinct application in the add/remove program utility in the control panel.

As far as i know the flash player and the flash plugin are associated to the browser they are installed on the browser and also these two applications are utilized by the browser for these tasks and hence i would advice you to keep the application installed on your system and not to remove the apps.

Flash SWF is played by a plugin. Silverlight XAP is interpreted by the plugin. The difference at the base, y'en has not done. To swallow people that HTML5 will save the world is a bit funny. Finally if there's still a bit of a difference is that Flash and Silverlight have a foot in the OS, and can make things much further work that will require a lot of side HTML5 to be reproduced or be dependent browser. The interaction with the gear we speak.

The Flash player and flash plugins are some of the best application which are now a days installed automatically on the browser the basic difference of both these application is that the Flash player activeX is required by the Internet Explorer and the Flash player plugin is installed on the Firefox automatically.

Each technology is different, and even in the best of worlds we can not satisfy all, so I think a site before being put in place must do a study on the targeted population. I think the generic sites like news sites should be based on standard HTML, while sites selling digital service, unless you want advocated NO-DRM must be based on technology called "closed" for a minimum of controls on their data.