Thread: Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working

Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working

I have downloaded the new version of Flash Player, that is 10.1. Well, I have installed the same in the Windows 7 operating system. Everything is proper, except the Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working. I guess this is related to some ActiveX control. But, I am not able to understand why it is not able to start. I require suitable solutions from you guys to get rid of this situation.

Re: Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working

If the Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working, then the operating system is responsible for this situation. Windows 7 may be interfering in the proper working of this player. This means that the operating system is actually blocking this feature. To eradicate this issue, you just have to start the player with the help of the option for "run as administrator". This will force the player to work with all its features.

It is required that you must run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system to check out if this particular player is fully compatible with Windows 7 or not. Only if this player is listed among the incompatibilities, the issue that Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working can be confirmed to be an incompatibility problem. Just let me know what is result given by the wizard.

There is no need to worry if the situation that Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working is being caused because of an incompatibility issue. This is because all the applications and programs that are having such incompatibility problems are provided with compatibility tools.

Thus, you just have to download the compatibility tool of this Flash Player 10.1. Install the same before you install the player. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.

There is a possibility that Flash Player 10.1 setVariable is not working because this particular feature may not be provided to this particular version of this player. I know that this service is available in the older versions because I have used many of them. Since, I have not used the new Flash Player 10.1, I cannot confirm that this is an incompatibility issue or whether this feature is available or not.

Have you tried out the compatibility mode for the situation that Flash Player 10.1 setVariable not working? This is a solution that is used to get rid of most of the incompatibility problems that are faced with the Windows 7 operating system. You need to use the option of troubleshoot compatibility to get into this mode. In mode selection, you can select Windows XP or Vista, anyone that is compatible with the player.