Thread: Some button grayed out in Adobe CS3 Master Collection

Some button grayed out in Adobe CS3 Master Collection

I need some help with installation of Adobe CS3 Master Collection. Someone referred me this software for designing purpose. I am new to it but I am somewhat familiar with the Photoshop. I am facing some issue with the installation of this suite. What happen here after download when I run the setup there were some errors but I continued the same. Later on when I launch the application there were some buttons which were grayed out.

Re: Some button grayed out in Adobe CS3 Master Collection

I am using Windows XP and the same edition of Adobe worked in my system. Here is small tweak which I think can help you out. Click on Start > Run and then type cmd. Now type the command cd c: \ windows \ system32 and hit enter. Then type regsvr32.exe -U jscript.dll and hit enter. A window then appears to say that jscript.dll file has been successfully registered dice. Sometimes you can get an error message, this is not serious please disregard. Reboot your system and then check back.

It seems that Adobe products using the software called as Installshield that uses the programming language Jscript to run the installation process. Apparently at time of installation there are some other applications that hijack functions Jscript.dll. Therefore the result of the re-registered functions can reassociate problematic Jscript.dll corresponding file. So you need to first fix the Jscript.dll.

Unfortunately it does not work for me. I tried several methods to install Adobe CS3 but none works. The installation starts and after a few seconds nothing happens there. I cannot even go through the control panel to delete the installation because everything freezes. There is a real problem and so far no one has a proper solution for the same. I had to reinstall CS2 as Adobe CS will not even move. But until then I had had no problem installing with an Adobe product.

Adobe provides an interface slightly different recent versions of Photoshop in that suite. At the top menu bar there is no change made. But the same issue occurred in my system also. The menu bar was grayed out. This happens when all your files are not properly loaded. You will need to re-install the entire suite back again to make all things work and that too without any error.

I had downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3. The downloading was completed without any error. I have a problem installing the same. Already photoshop refuses to be installed due to conflict with Photoshop CS3. I actually installed the beta version before that and before installating this I deleted everything. But still the same is not working fine.

If you had installed all already then try typing Illustrator in the search for spotlight of this software. You can use this also for searching for older files also. Search all the libraries, preferences, application support, everything that has to do with Adobe. Adobe CS3 had big files to install. If even one is not deleted then you might get errors on the installation. And the uninstall that came with the software suite which does not delete everything.