Thread: Adobe Reader 9.1 - Fatal Error : Acrobat failed to connect a DDE server

Adobe Reader 9.1 - Fatal Error : Acrobat failed to connect a DDE server

I am working in network and some of the users are telling me that when they are trying to open the pdf document in Outlook . there is no movement of the processes and files not getting opened . The system just stops there as if you didn't click on the specified attachment. If i stayed there for any movements during this then a pop-up box from adobe reader poped up and suggests as :

Fatal Error Acrobat failed to connect a DDE server.
    The stored PDFs are very easy , just easily scanned pictures or converted over from another into the PDF documents. I have tried repairing the install and there is no luck at all.

Re: Adobe Reader 9.1 - Fatal Error : Acrobat failed to connect a DDE server

I have seen three different scenarios this past couple of weeks. There are several users are running and installed Adobe Reader 9.0, Sophos, and internet explorer 7 without any issues . All of three started receving such type of error after they moved to Reader 9.1.

For the first two, after I termiated all the AcroRd32.exe processes, and made them a simple restart, I didn't got anything from them since. Before some days. For this third one, I have recently terminated up the processes, so I will have to wait and get if the user calls back. It looks as the issues is coming from the new 9.1 update.

I am running with a new laptop installed with Windows 7 and Windows Explorer 8. I am unable to open the pdf files and assumes to open up the temp file and then got disappears and when i strictly move to open this , the file doesn't open. And one of the error as specified by so many user not only in thread, this error received was "Acrobat failed to connect DDE server".

So, I have done the uninstallation of Adobe Reader 9.3 and reinstalled but the issue still exists. I am just considering that it maybe something wrong with the Explorer 8 , I have installed the Firefox and tried again but nothing happened ..

Acrobat failed to connect a DDE server

Hi guys ! I need your help for this one error because, I didn't got this before with the Adobe reader. It is not going on every machines installed with the Adobe reader. There are some machine in my office are getting such type of error "Acrobat fail to connect to a dde server error" . When I try to open the acrobat file, I continuously getting this message. What should I do to solve this issue ?

This could be happened because of an antivirus/antispyware or a firewall improper functionality which is restricting to the Acrobat from interacting with some different process, it requires to communicate to. You need to check your anti virus settings and find out if there is something , you are getting and can reconfigure and that setting can allow the Acrobat to run properly and establish DDE sessions without any issues .

This issue is caused by an Adobe update. To fix it try:

Open Adobe Reader

Edit

Preferences

General

Uncheck the box for "Enable protected Mode at Start Up"

Close program and try to open a pdf...This should fix the issue.