Thread: My computer unable to download lan driver

My computer unable to download lan driver

I have Windows XP by default and recently I have been facing problem to download lan driver. I tried it downloading from different websites including the official websites. When I click download the download starts and runs for a second and stops before downloading it. let me know if you are having specific solution to solve the matter of mine.

Re: My computer unable to download lan driver

If your problem is still unsolved after changing the browser settings then you must have installed some important software because of which you are facing this kind of troubleshooting. You should perform system restore so that the software which you have uninstalled, restore back to its point and if there is any settings change then your settings will be restored. Try selecting the furthest restoring point where you think it was working fine. After performing restore, download you lan driver and install.

First check that you can download other things from internet other than lan driver. I think you have some problem related to browser settings. Because of this improper settings you are facing this kind of problems. Try changing your browser settings and in that download option. The setting option depends upon what browser you use. Check the instruction in help option of your browser for assistance. I am sure after changing this download settings your problem will be solved and you can download your lan driver then install it successfully.

If you did not get any help from the steps then you have to reset your modern factory settings. By resetting it to factory settings the problem will be solved. Reset the modem using manual and if you don’t have manual then turn off the computer and then reset it. There should be a tiny button or hole in the back of the modem that will be labeled reset. You have to press this button for minimum 10 seconds to reset the modem. This will reset the modem to factory defaults. Then download your lan driver from the browser.