Thread: Removing Old Adobe Reader GPO Package

Removing Old Adobe Reader GPO Package

I have installed the windows server 2003 R2 SP2 active directory.Before some months, I have been making so many GPO packages to perform the automatic installation of Adobe Reader 9.x and its progressive updates to Windows XP SP3 machines. I have GPO packages to deliver version 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 and I have recently associated with different GPO to deploy version 9.3.2 patch.

The actual size of entire four packages is near about 400MB. I would like to get rid of previous packages but don't have any idea about the procedure to do it. Is this as simple as right clicking the previous package that I would like to delete then choose All Tasks - click Remove and choose Allow users to go ahead to use the program but restrict new installations?
    Last edited by Sheravat; 28-06-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Re: Removing Old Adobe Reader GPO Package

Since every package works with the AcroRead.msi it automatically configures the "Packages that this package will upgrade" configuration in the Upgrade tab, which performs the uninstallation of the previous version before ready for the installation of the available upgrade. You can work with either remove option as it is already uninstalled from your clients then you need to just remove the deployment files..

That's what I don't have any idea about this . If I delete the previous packages, then I will crack the "Packages that this package will upgrade" and "Packages in the recent GPO which will commit the upgrade of this package" series. From what you stated above, this is fine to crack the links and destroy the deployment directories/files. I will destroy the version 9.1 and 9.2 packages later.

Dr. V Guest

One of the user on another was talking about the same as you wanted to know here but he need to know about the uninstallation of the adobe with the help of group policy..This one scenario is so close to this issue but one thing I need to specify here is that as long as the latest package has already been deployed on entire clients and have "upgraded" the aka uninstalled the previous package cracking the link in well manner.