Thread: Adobe Reader Update Helper Wants to connect to e935.g.akamaiedge.net

Adobe Reader Update Helper Wants to connect to e935.g.akamaiedge.net

Hi everyone ,
    I have done the installation of Little Snitch on my Mac machine to Monitor outgoing connection requests to the internet attempting the installation of required applications. The program displays that the Abode Reader Update helper need to connect with e935.g.akamaiedge.net tcp (tcp port 443). I am apprehensive about granting such type of connection because the destination domain name for the connection request is not specified as Adobe.com. Is it a legitimate website that the Adobe Reader Update helper requires to connect with?

Re: Adobe Reader Update Helper Wants to connect to e935.g.akamaiedge.net

This is one of the " Akamai Download Manager" that they use and it is provided for the effective, reliable file downloading procedure , specially for wast files. There is one of its key properties is that its capability to continue the interrupted downloads.

On Windows platform , Akamai performs the downloading of two files, an executable (EXE) file and another one is suggested as 7z file. The 7z file specified as highly zipped contents which is used in collaboration with the exe file to install a downloaded stuff . The exe and 7z files should be downloaded porpery and specfied in the same directory in order to install this . On Mac platform, Akamai downloads single .dmg file.

No way - It is much different as you are talking about . I have ripped the download manager as off. This one specified is embedded within the following location as : /Applications/Adobe Reader.app, but I am unable to find where it is getting launch. Anybody have any idea about permanently solving these things? I I don't like to have daemon's running and consuming up CPU cycles on my system (and performing down the booting process).

You are getting this issue because of some of the files are preventing your way. On the following file in the prior location as /~user/Library/LaunchAgents/ is the culprit. You should remove the files as soon as possible to get rid of this issue and you are good to move, the daemon would not launch when you boot your computer system.
    com.adobe.ARM.ad895013aeb33ea6e968d9fdc06c0eb42c7c2a5229d98d64ad002716.plist

Reader 9.1.3 update changes all icons to Adobe

I was going good but suddenly on another day when Adobe Reader "automatically" committed the updation of the entire program then icons were replaced over Adobe icons and nothing seems to open up properly, i tried to open this up forcefully and find that it is not getting opened then I finally decided to perform the uninstallation of the Reader and entire icons magically returned to common status and all was fine with the world until I attempt to open up a .pdf file (obviously no success as I currently had ) .

Hi guys !

I got the same issue as well on a Windows 7 machine installed with Acrobat 9.30. What I did to fix the problem was to just configure up the link in the registry with the defaults are.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.l nk
    "OpenWithList " must be as (Deafult) REG_SZ (value not set)
    "OpenWithProgids" must have as (Deafult) REG_SZ (value not set)
    lnkfile REG_NONE (zero-length binary value)

I had few of the references in there also Acrobat. I have removed them and then restarted all the Icons back to normal status . I think, it would be helpful for you !!