Thread: how to set Adobe Reader as default for reading PDF

how to set Adobe Reader as default for reading PDF

The PDF files should be opened in only Adobe reader but I can't view my PDF documents in the Adobe reader, every time my PDF file is getting opened in different application . I have just installed the Adobe photoshop for image editing purpose. Now when I receive a PDF attached to an email or the help file in different program then it is automatically getting opened in Adobe Photoshop.I can't uninstall the Photoshop . Would you tell me ,how do I change that to Adobe Reader..

Re: how to set Adobe Reader as default for reading PDF

Hey ! It depends on different platforms. if you are going to change this setting then it would be performed according to the current platform. There are so many method but as I specified as based on your particular OS that you have installed . On which Os, it is running (or you can move to your OS help section and find the documentation for configuring file associations) ?

If you are a windows user then you can easily achieve this with a right click on the file and choose " Open with " and choose the application to view the document and check the permanent selection ...

Maybe, you stored so many PDF Reader files and the default is not configured as Adobe Reader to open the file , yeah ? Sometimes, because of this confusions, users performs the unistallation of that application but you know it is not the best way to do this. As I stated above , if so, the method of going through the uninstallation and reinstall would not be feasible for you. The right is: select the PDF file and then right click on that and then select "open with.."option and choose Adobe Reader, and you requires to choose "always open the file with this application". So you could open the PDF file with the help of Adobe Reader next time.

We are running with the random problems with the Adobe pdf which is getting opened in the reader on another pages. It always happening very randomly. My pdf contains some fields. JavaScript is written on first page. So, when the pdf getting opened first page , the JavaScript is called and it manipulates the values in few of the sections.

Also, Every time when I open the pdf, the pdf tagged with another name (pdf name is modifies with the date and time). But still the PDF getting opened on the second page, hence the JavaScript does not attempt the call . If I scroll from the second page to first page it then calls the JavaScript which then manipulates the fields where as staying on second page , there is no any fields are getting manipulated .

I am running with the same problem. (As are all the users of the application.) PDF continuously getting opens to second page . Sometimes, it got opens on another page but the plugin assumes that this is on first page as it shows "1/2" yet it is actually placed on second page. I have performed the uninstallation of adobe reader and also reinstalled the newest version, there is no effect and all. I have used to get the result from both Internet explorer 8 and Firefox, both exhibit the issue. The reason of such issue is not the because of the content of the PDF as it has been invariant at the time of testing.

Do you have any idea and any help ?