Thread: uninstall adobe reader when asking for CD

uninstall adobe reader when asking for CD

I am unable to print the pdf files. I have already performed the uninstallaton of adobe reader in near about three places such as : 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 9.1.2 But when I move to uninstall from Add/Remove programs window,I got some uniue and different warning, it says as : "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Adobe Reader 6.01 disk and click ok " ....

I don't have any disk. what should I do in this situation ? Please suggest me something ???

Re: uninstall adobe reader when asking for CD

Yeah, I am sure that you have to use the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp tool to remove the damaged registry entries. The Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp tool only wipes out the registry entries generated by the application installer. The files and different registry entries for the application are not destroyed by such type of tool and could cause inadvertent effects on the system if not deleted . If you are going with this tool,then you may have to reinstall the different programs that use MSI (Microsoft Installer)..You need to go for a try once and I hope it would be feasible for you ..

Hey Spyrus ! You suggested very well and I am agree with you man. You should describe the use of this tool also because he/she is going to use this first time. So OLIVER, you should go through the following procedure :

1. Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
    2. Move to the Microsoft official website located at http://support.microsoft.com and and find out the file name as msicuu2.exe.
    3. Choose the article "You receive the 'This patch package could not be opened' error message in an Office program."
    4. Click on that link for the msicuu2.exe tool .
    5. Save the tool onto the desktop of windows .
    6. Double-click onto the msicuu2.exe file and go through the wizard suggested procedure .
    7. Find out the version of Acrobat or Reader which is causing the problem and propely remove it from the system ..

Hi all, Thank you very much for such a wonderful suggestion . I moved into the Add/Remove programs from the control panel and I try to remove adobe reader 9.1.3 which contains the size of 138 MB . I received the following error message "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exist and that you can access it, or contact the applications vendor to verify that this is a valid Window Installer patch package."

When I try to uninstall the reader 6.0.1 then I got the "Feature is on a cd..." and when moved to remove the adobe update 6.0.2 then it was suggesting me with the "Feature is on a network..." What should I do in this situation ?

It looks like that you have performed the installation of adobe reader from some network location from where the actual setup files have been destroyed and also your cached setup files are missing. There is only one thing which you can try to do is that you need to just install the reader 9.3 on your computer system which deletes any before installations of adobe reader before it can actually install reader 9.3..