Thread: Adobe Reader 9.3 install Fails - Why?

Adobe Reader 9.3 install Fails - Why?

I have installed Windows 7 64x bit on my Dell laptop. There are so many friends of mine have installed and currently using on windows 7 without any single issues there but when I tried to install the Acrobat Reader version 9.3 then I got some difficulties to process the installation , I just received an error message which is suggesting that " It can't be installed " . There is no any reasons and as well as no options to specify the causes for errors there . Nothing but an "OK" button to be quit the pop-up. Please help me to sort out this issue !!!

Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 install Fails - Why?

Can you tell me something about the environment of the installation section. What procedure, you are going to continue the installtion . Are you trying to install this through the applicable browser means internet explorer or mozilla Firefox ? Or have you downloaded it proepry and trying to install it from the saved copy of the setup of adobe reader.. If you are going through the browser then skip that and proceed the installaiton through the installer way?

I have just tried to install Adobe Reader 9.3 on Windows 2K Pro SP4Upd1. I am currently using IE but didn't used this before for years, but V 5.5 SP2 is still on the machine. Installation procedure extarct all the components and then immediately posted the following message and get terminate from the installation procedure:

This version of Internet Explorer is not supported. You should upgrade Internet Explorer to version 6.0.2600.0 and run setup again. Setup will now terminate.
    Can somebody here direct me to a workaround this error message and it does not involve the upgrading of IE?

You need not to go through the installing of this from the browser. In other words if it would ask you to continue the installation as "Do you want to run or save this file?" Do not select to Run for installation . You have to select the save and then launch the installer after the adobe setup finished to download .After finishing the downloading procedure, you need to get exit from entire browsers.

IE is terrible for launching the installers. There are several background processes, it tries to continue as the installer is launching and it causes the issues commonly that it allows things to just work in proper way.

Thanks for such a wonderful suggestion here. Your suggestion are really looking awesome to proceed the installation but didn't find the way about which you are talking to perform the installation. I don't get an Run or Save option when prompted or tried to download and install the things . I only got the option for an Install button. When I click on that button , the install process starts then automatically got quit after some seconds and occurrs a message that it can't be installed. There is no such description and nor options. Just leaves you hanging.

The operating system has been modified beyond the internet explorer 6. The probability, IMHO, is the M$ will edit the system to affect operating sections in addition to Internet explorer.

In order to this , Adobe states that Firefox is a appropriate prerequisite. They are having the similar issues with the installation when Adobe Reader 8 was launched to be announced. During that moment, I have posted to a blog by the Adobe Reader product manager querying about the discrepancy between stated browser prerequisites and the fine installation procedure and didn't come up with any response.